Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Okay, so nobody told me that when you're pregnant after the 1st time, your stomach EXPLODES! I already look like I'm 6 months along. I've been searching for maternity pants everywhere and I can't find any affordable ones that look like they'll last. Do you ladies have any recommendations for maternity pants? I'm looking for mainly flare jeans. Oh and awhile back, I told you guys if I had another baby, I would consider cloth diapering this time around. For those that have done it, tell me EVERYTHING you know LOL. How do I get started, where can I buy them, how do I wash them, do they come in sizes, do they have covers for them, etc. I've never used them before, so I'm clueless. Any help or advice would be AWESOME. Thanks xoxox

Join us in the Family Fun group!
Family Fun

.:*Miah's Mommy as of 3-11-09*:. <3

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I'm no help sorry! We did disposibles for my two - cloth wasn't "popular" back then and to be honest I didn't know it was even an option lol 

If I had a third, I'd consider cloth as well. 

EvilAsh
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I'm on my 3rd and I was showing around 8 weeks, I get you. I'm 11 weeks now and should wear maternity..

I have been looking at kohl's and old navy so far, but I don't want to spend the money right now when I'll be due in August. I don't wanna be wearing heavy jeans in the summer.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

ooh you're cloth diapering this time???

I highly reccomend Thirsties Duo Diaper. This is pretty much a disposable diaper but cloth that you wash of course! 

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/products/cloth-diapers/duo-wrap/

You put this diaper on baby and when you change baby you just throw it in the wash! The insert comes out all by itself! I prefer the velcro straps myself but a lot of mommies prefer the snaps and these diapers come in all sorts of cute patterns and colors! Because they're a bit pricey I reccomend buying one or two diapers a month until baby gets here and then you have a great stash!

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Old Navy is having a 40% off sale on their maternity stuff and a lot of it is really cute. You get free shipping if you order more at least $50 worth. I'm not too worried about summer time. I have a lot of of capris with the stretchy tops, maternity skirts & tons of really loose fitting dresses. This baby is due the first week of October and Dd was born in March, so I'm pretty good with winter and fall wear. I had a few pairs of really nice maternity jeans from Dd, but I got some serious chub rub going on and the inside thighs have holes in them lol. I was thinking about just cutting off the full panel top and using it over top of the jeans I have now.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I'm on my 3rd and I was showing around 8 weeks, I get you. I'm 11 weeks now and should wear maternity..

I have been looking at kohl's and old navy so far, but I don't want to spend the money right now when I'll be due in August. I don't wanna be wearing heavy jeans in the summer.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never needed maternity clothes during my pregnancies.

As for cloth diapers, www.cottonbabies.com is a good resource.  While browsing different diapers or covers or whatever, they often have some informational pieces of writing at the top.  I personally prefer pocket one size diapers once baby is big enough to fit in them.  Before that, we use prefolds + covers.

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Leah, you rock my socks. I'm going to let Miah pick some out, so she feels more involved. Thanks love!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

ooh you're cloth diapering this time???

I highly reccomend Thirsties Duo Diaper. This is pretty much a disposable diaper but cloth that you wash of course! 

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/products/cloth-diapers/duo-wrap/

You put this diaper on baby and when you change baby you just throw it in the wash! The insert comes out all by itself! I prefer the velcro straps myself but a lot of mommies prefer the snaps and these diapers come in all sorts of cute patterns and colors! Because they're a bit pricey I reccomend buying one or two diapers a month until baby gets here and then you have a great stash!

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Honestly, I'm a little scared about using cloth. It seems like a lot of work, but I'm at least going to give it a try and see how it works out lol

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I'm no help sorry! We did disposibles for my two - cloth wasn't "popular" back then and to be honest I didn't know it was even an option lol 

If I had a third, I'd consider cloth as well. 

artemisa3001
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Try children's consignment stores, most of them carry maternity clothes.

I cannot help on the cloth diapering, I love disposables!

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Great idea! We have one right down the street I didn't even think about them!

Quoting artemisa3001:

Try children's consignment stores, most of them carry maternity clothes.

I cannot help on the cloth diapering, I love disposables!

hopealways4019
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I was pregnant 5x never wore maternity clothes. Probably because I have never weighed more than 129 pounds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)