Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Blizzard nemo is coming are you ready?

snowgirlWere supposed to get a foot of snow in our area and high winds.  We went to 3 stores to look for bread everywhere was sold out.  But we got some and other foods, I think we are all set. My sons school is cancelled. 

Anyone else in Nemos path? Stay safe. :)

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

You are really ready that's good

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

We're so ready LOL. I live in NY so we're use to getting ready for stuff like here. I washed all our blankets and warm clothes. I have batteries, flashlights, candles and lighters set aside. We went food shopping yesterday and we have a few cases of MRE's if we need them. I made sure Dd's favorite toys had new batteries in them (to keep her busy if we lost power). I have a cell phone charger in each car (if we need it) AND I did ALL my housework that requires water (our pipes like to freeze and we have no water). Oh and I bottled tons of water in case our elderly neighbors pipes freeze (again). Now all that's left to do is sit back and watch the snow fall :) Hope everybody stays safe and gets ready!

aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Ya my hubby is leaving early too

Quoting GypsiSky:

Nemo is on his way here too, lol. 18 inches expected. No school today. We are ready. I hope my husband will leave his office early like I've asked him (a dozen times this morning, lol). I'm so ready for Spring!

eviesmom453
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Turtledoves:

We're ready though we were hoping to go on a wine trail this Saturday. We're supposed to get 6 inches so not as bad as what further north is supposed to get.

6 inches is far from a blizzard where I live. We get a bunch of snow 5 or 6 months out of the year here in MN.

mommytycon
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I'm in CT and they named it Charlotte. We are suppose to get 18 to 24
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I'm heading to Pittsburgh, Pa tonight so I pray the don't get hit hard lol 

GypsiSky
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Have a safe and great trip! Hopefully you can avoid Nemo, Charolette or whatever other creative name they come up with, lol

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

I'm heading to Pittsburgh, Pa tonight so I pray the don't get hit hard lol 

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
No, 6 inches isnt a blizzard here either. We're not getting hit by the actual blizzard as we're further south but we'll still be getting the effects of it in smaller scale.

Quoting eviesmom453:

Quoting Turtledoves:

We're ready though we were hoping to go on a wine trail this Saturday. We're supposed to get 6 inches so not as bad as what further north is supposed to get.

6 inches is far from a blizzard where I live. We get a bunch of snow 5 or 6 months out of the year here in MN.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baileymarie723
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I am in northeast Wisconsin and we are supposed to get 8-12 inches between Sunday and Monday.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM

we got about an inch last night but of course that caused no problems. i dont think it was from  nemo. i would like to h ave some more snow though. stay safe.

mrswillie
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM

we were on a cruise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)