The consistency of this dough is lovely to feel and hold. It can be powdery like flour one moment, and then moldable like damp sand the next. This brought HOURS of fun to my home, and maybe it’ll do the same for yours…
- 8 cups flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Essential oil such as lavender or grapefruit (optional)
- Scoop and pour the flour into the center of a large tub.
- Create a crater in the middle of the flour.
- Pour the oil into the crater.
- Gently mix it all together.
- Enjoy mixing and learning about the properties of the dough as it is, or add small silicone bowls, spoons, or measuring cups to make small structures, hills, or pretend cupcakes.
The original recipe is an 8:1 ratio and we started off with half the recipe (4 cups of Flour and ½ cup of oil) because I didn’t want to deplete my flour reserves, just in case. Turns out that this was such a hit and a full batch would have been equally wonderful, especially after our neighborhood friends wanted to come over and play with us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.