Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Eating Healthy

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

How do you replace unhealthy sides with healthy alternatives?

apple

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Denise this is the wrong day to ask lol lol no but really instead of fries, potatoes, chips I like to do raw veggies with salad dressing like carrots or cucumbers To get the crunch

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

veggies with dip,fruit cups

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Me too  .. this :)

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Denise this is the wrong day to ask lol lol no but really instead of fries, potatoes, chips I like to do raw veggies with salad dressing like carrots or cucumbers To get the crunch

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Side dishes?

I don't have a problem there. We always have some sort of beans, broccoli, etc. as side dishes.

HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Same here. 

If we have fries they're homemade from potatoes and cut then seasoned (sometimes with ranch, most times just sea salt) then baked till crunchy. 

90% of the time it's applesauce, brocolli, green beans, strawberries, carrots, celery, etc. 

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Side dishes?

I don't have a problem there. We always have some sort of beans, broccoli, etc. as side dishes.

mrswillie
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM

We always have a veggie. If we have fries, they are homemade and cooked in the oven on broil. We also only use wheat pasta and brown rice. Another hint to forego butter and gravies and opt for herbs and seasonings. 

kellynh
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Valentines day... Do you know how much junk got brought home from class party. I still have Halloween candy!!

kellynh
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM

As for sides... Too many people nowadays are so used to all the persertives in food, they don't know the amazing tastes of using proper seasonings on food. Do some research on what spices really bring out a lot of flavor for different meats, or blend together for sides

cara124
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Fries are backed not HaHa Fried... mash potatoes are loaded with herbs not butter or gravy .... use whole wheat pasta , Brown rice & Keep sides to mostly Veggies salads or fruit... we also use beans as a side about 2 nights a week to up the protein for DS .....

cara124
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM

my kids are all older ( high school/middle school) and still the candy come flowing home from TEACHERS... Lets just say they aren't getting candy from the easter bunny LOL.

Quoting kellynh:

Valentines day... Do you know how much junk got brought home from class party. I still have Halloween candy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)