What you'll need:
- Baby food jar with lid
- Small silk flowers
- Rolling pin
- White craft glue or hot glue gun
- Green play dough or green modeling clay (you can use our homemade play dough below)
How to make it:
- If using the homemade play dough, follow recipe instructions below.
- Roll out the play dough or clay with rolling pin.
- Using the mouth of the jar as a cookie cutter, cut out a circle. If you use the lid as the cookie cutter you will not be able to close your jar when the time comes.
- Glue the play dough or clay into the lid.
- Stick flowers into the dough or clay. If using play dough, set lids aside to dry and harden over night.
- Screw the lid onto the jar, carefully inserting the flowers into the jar.
- Decorate the lid however you like. (We used a scrap of felt then tied a piece of ribbon on.)
Play dough recipe:
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1 cup warm Water
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Food coloring