THINGS TO PLAY AND DO:
- Play balloon hockey.
- Do something free.
- Skip rocks. Simple, free, fun, lost art.
- Have a bike parade.
- Have a day of watching movies. Utilize services like NetFlix or Redbox. You can even check them out for free at your local library.
- Have a family board game party or game night.
- Feed the ducks. My children LOVE doing this!
- Shop garage sales. You can find board games, movies, etc for cheap, cheap!
- Have a picnic at the park, in your living room, or in your front yard.
- Visit the nearest beach.
- Have a yard sale. Have your children help and learn the value of a dollar.
- Have a bon fire and roast marshmallows.
- Make water balloons and have a water balloon fight if it is warm enough.
- Welcome the troops at the airport. I have been wanting to take the kids to do this for a long, long time.
- Play I Spy.
- Play frisbee.
- Volunteer as a family.
- Invent a new recipe together.
- Catch lightning bugs.
- Have a scavenger hunt.
- Play Mad Libs and share your stories. So fun! If you do not have a Mad Libs book, here is an online knock-off.
- Jump on the trampoline.
- Play kickball.
- Play dodgeball.
- Play tug-of-war.
- Put a puzzle together as a family.
- Play hide and go seek in the dark.
- Call local theatres and see if they offer free for dollar movies during Spring Break week.
- Build a clubhouse or a fort.
- Plant something- start your garden now. It can be food or flowers.
- Write handwritten letters to family.
- Start reading a classic as a family read 20-30 minutes of it out loud a day. Huck Finn, Little Women, etc.
- Put on a magic show. Click the link for five easy and fun tricks your kids can do.
- Play dress up. (My boys love to play in old Halloween costumes.)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.