Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Ideas for a Family Friendly Spring Break

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

source

7 Ideas for a Family Friendly Spring Break

1. Go camping.

If you want an adventure and are looking for an experience that your family will talk about for years, go on a camping trip. From rain storms, to pesky  critters, to noisy neighbors, camping will leave your family with something to  talk about and the best part? After a couple years, your less than desirable camping moments develop into stories with a life of their own!

2. Book a stay at an indoor waterpark resort.

If camping is not your cup of tea, maybe you’d prefer to book a stay at an  indoor waterpark resort. In addition to the waterpark, many resorts also offer  kids activities like story time, crafts and game rooms adding to the total  experience.

3. Visit a major metropolitan city.

When I think of major metropolitan cities, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta,  Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and New York City come to mind. Each city boasts a  vast variety of educational, cultural and plain fun touristy attractions!

4. Go to the Mall of America.

Any mall may be considered a perfect destination for teenagers who love to  shop, but with a seven acre theme park, aquarium and LEGO® store, you’ll find the Mall of America has attractions that will appeal to the entire family.

5. Take a road trip.

Pack a bag, grab some snacks, fuel up your car and set off on a road trip  that you’ll never forget. Drive along a popular route like the Mile High Highway, Pacific Coast Highway, Lincoln Highway, Extraterrestrial Highway, or Route 66, stopping for spectacular views, roadside attractions or whatever grabs your fancy.

6. Volunteer as a family.

Spending your time giving of yourself to help others is a very rewarding experience. To be able to do the same as a family offers immeasurable rewards.  Not only does volunteering together strengthen the family unit, it also opens  communication channels, teaches values and builds character.

7. Try something new.

Do something your family has never done before. Eat at a new restaurant, visit a new attraction or try a new activity as a family. You could pan for  gold, hunt for diamonds, zip line, kayak, snorkel, ski or go for an airboat ride. The possibilities are endless!

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Good  ideas :)

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM

these are cool.

We are going to the smokies and the weekend we come back, we are taking my parents camping with us.

aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Nice ideas

MichelleK41
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Thanks for sharing these. =)

clowry02
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM

nice thanks

MamaMandee
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Thanks for the ideas!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyTeki
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM
We loved camping before kids. I admit I'm scared now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM
We are going to Pensacola Beach in Florida! I'm so excited for some warmer weather!
wandep
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM
We are going to frankin nc for spring break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)