Rainbow Swirl Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- sugar cookie dough (prepared from scratch or mix)
- liquid food coloring in red, blue, green, and yellow
- plastic wrap
Rainbow Swirl Sugar Cookies Instructions:
- Divide sugar cookie dough into 4 bowls.
- Add one color of food coloring to each bowl and mix into dough. You’ll need to use quite a bit to get such bright colors.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on table/counter.
- Form the blue dough into a long log and press flat into a rectangle on the plastic wrap.
- Form the green dough into a log and press flat onto the blue dough.
- Form the yellow dough into a log and press flat onto the green dough.
- Form the red dough into a log and press flat onto the yellow dough.
- Using the plastic wrap to lift the edge, gently roll the rectangle of dough up into a log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer until firm but not frozen. Ours took about a half an hour.
- Remove from freezer and slice log into small discs.
- Place a couple inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake according to dough recipe directions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.