Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Charity Work?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does your family volunteer in any charity work?

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM

We do a autism walk and sometimes fundraises.  We give old clothes to Salvation Army 

HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM

we do things through the church and during Spring, Summer, and Winter breaks we have a RAK day where we'll do different things - like volunteer at animal shelters, soup kitchen, etc along with the fun things like leaving quarters at the parking meters, etc.

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM

not really work but we do give donations of clothes, money, etc. to a few different places through the year.

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM

That's neat. Eventually I'd like to get into running different marathons for charities.

Quoting aidensmomma508:

We do a autism walk and sometimes fundraises.  We give old clothes to Salvation Army 

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Love that - I'm hoping when the kids are bigger to do soup kitchens, animal shelters, etc volunteering. I'm eager to get more involved in my church as well with their fundraisers for the families in our community.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

we do things through the church and during Spring, Summer, and Winter breaks we have a RAK day where we'll do different things - like volunteer at animal shelters, soup kitchen, etc along with the fun things like leaving quarters at the parking meters, etc.

in lovebaby girlpuppy

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Donating money still counts! =)

Quoting SassyWildflower:

not really work but we do give donations of clothes, money, etc. to a few different places through the year.

in lovebaby girlpuppy

Nichole0403
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Did TNT leukemia and lymphoma society last year, and also the light the night walk. 

Turtledoves

Since my miscarriage last month, I've become very interested in charity work. So far I crocheted 70 hats for the Calvin's Hat charity (for parents grieving from miscarriages and stillborns), and have been researching others I can get into. I'm starting up my hat store again (I closed it when I had my miscarriage) and hoping to use 50% of the proceeds to help out different miscarriage/stillborn grief charities as that's so close to my heart right now.

Turtledoves

Awesome!

Quoting Nichole0403:

Did TNT leukemia and lymphoma society last year, and also the light the night walk. 

in lovebaby girlpuppy

SoKamele
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Every week at food bank.......during the winter months.

2 to 3 times a week during the summer months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN