Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Name Themes in the Family?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 22 Replies

Does your family have any name themes? I know a family where the parents had the same initials, so they had all of their children have the same initials too. Multiple families I know do same first letter for children, or the same middle name. Do you have any themes in your family?

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM

My husband and my names are Bill and Jill, so obviously there was a wide opening in doing a theme, but we quickly decided to stay far away from the over the top rhyming. We named our daughters Katie Belle (Katherine Isabelle) and Elizabeth Rose.

Life.Happens
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM

No...But both of my kids have names that were either from or inspired by my husband's side of the family...So, I guess that's a theme so far-Names from my hubby's side...

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM

No but my kids were all named after family members

HisSweetheart07
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

nope. Both children have names passed down from grandparents and great grandparents though

Zazayam
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM

My three kids all start with C, (Christopher James because I wanted to call him CJ, Connor because it was the only boy's name we could agree on, and Cassidy because I've always loved the name) but I didn't really plan it.

I didn't even realize I was doing it until I told everyone my third's name and someone pointed it out. I actually thought about changing it, because I felt like that 19 kids and counting family with all their J's, lol. But I kept it, I love the name.

aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM

No but my fil name is Richard and my hubby's name is Richard frank. My DH has a middle name fil does not. So he is almost a jr but not lol 

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Nope each of our girls just has a name unique name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Middle names of all but the youngest as DH family names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
DH's family has a lot of Lees and Leighs in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Not really but wish I had :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)