Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Charity Spin Off - Here's my most recent works *Pic Heavy

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

For the past month I've been crocheting my fingers off to  make tiny hats for miscarriage and stillborn survivors that are grieving for their loss. I closed down my hat store (even though it was finally doing so well!) so that I could focus on charity work in honor of my angel. It's been SO helpful for me to do this after my own loss last month, each hat made me feel a little more on solid, steady ground. 

Anyway, I finished my goal last week and sent them out. I made 50 hats, and I had two friends who pitched in and made an extra 20, so Calvin's Hats received 70 hats in Elizabeth Rose's memory!

Here's pictures of some of the hats:

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM

this is beautiful. literally brought tears to my eyes. Being a miscarriage survivor myself (5 years next month) I can't tell you how sweet this is!! You're amazing for doing this! ♥

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM

hugs and im so sorry for your loss. 

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

this is beautiful. literally brought tears to my eyes. Being a miscarriage survivor myself (5 years next month) I can't tell you how sweet this is!! You're amazing for doing this! ♥

in lovebaby girlpuppy
Babywearing, co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, AP, natural birthing, happily married SAH Mommy to Katherine Isabelle, and mommy to our Angel baby, Elizabeth Rose.

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

thank you. 

i was just talking about him this morning with a friend. 

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, I'm glad you have a friend you can talk to about it! I have my husband and mom...most everyone else already moved on and ignore anything I say about her. I have her candle lit now though, I never knew how comforting a candle could be until this happened!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

thank you. 

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

in lovebaby girlpuppy

Rushn311
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Oh wow, that's amazing!

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I'm really blessed. I have a really great support system, even after all these years.

I never lit a candle, but every march--when the daffodils come up, I think of him...The day we lost him i remember leaving the hospital and on the drive home we were stopped, I looked over and there were several really pretty, bright daffodils. IDK why it seemed so significant to me, but it was. Now I buy some every year and toss one onto the water at the park where we went the day we lost him.

It DOES get better...but the hurt and sadness never completely goes away. if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. ((hugs))

Quoting Turtledoves:

Aww, I'm glad you have a friend you can talk to about it! I have my husband and mom...most everyone else already moved on and ignore anything I say about her. I have her candle lit now though, I never knew how comforting a candle could be until this happened!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

thank you. 

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

Quoting Rushn311:

Oh wow, that's amazing!

in lovebaby girlpuppy

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM

They are so beautiful!!! This is a great thing you are doing.What a wonderful thing to do in your daughter's memory! So sorry for your loss

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That's lovely! So far I don't have anything significant of her, but I have a little burial site we did on my mother's farm, which is so helpful to be able to go and visit each week. Once a month I take something I make for her and bring it there, right now she has the kneeling angel that's pictured above in one of the pics, and we're taking the large angel that's holding the one tiny hat and putting it at her spot on Easter. Little things really help, just like making these hats. They offered so much healing, to keep my hands busy and have something to do that was good and could be done in her memory and name. (The yellow paper with the poem on it was what I sent in with the hats so that they'd know they were all dedicated to her).

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I'm really blessed. I have a really great support system, even after all these years.

I never lit a candle, but every march--when the daffodils come up, I think of him...The day we lost him i remember leaving the hospital and on the drive home we were stopped, I looked over and there were several really pretty, bright daffodils. IDK why it seemed so significant to me, but it was. Now I buy some every year and toss one onto the water at the park where we went the day we lost him.

It DOES get better...but the hurt and sadness never completely goes away. if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. ((hugs))

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

thank you. 

Quoting Turtledoves:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

in lovebaby girlpuppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)