Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite crock pot meals

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you have a go to crock pot recipe that your family loves?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
critter_boo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Creamy chicken. Chicken breast,cream cheese and Italian dressing. Then serve over noodles
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Not really.  I do use it quite a bit but one thing I do that is beyond simple is the thing that gets eaten the most.  lol  I take a london broil and put it in the pot.....mix cream of mushroom soup and golden mushroom soup together and pour it over the meat.  Cook.  It will be gone like that!!  lol 

Also the other simple thing I do is put a pork loin in and put salt and pepper on it and maybe 1/4 cup of water.  Let is cook.  When it's done either eat it like that or shred it and add bbq sauce to it while it's in the pot for the last 10 minutes of cooking.  That also gets gone fast.  :)

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this

i have several!--Photos are clickable for recipes.

Crockpot Pineapple Chicken - 3-4 Chicken Breasts (about 2 lbs)  1 can of pineapple in juice (tidbits, chucks, rings, it doesn’t matter)  1 medium onion  2 TBSP soy sauce  ½ cup chicken broth

Bourbon Street Chicken in the crock pot

Beef & Broccoli (Slow Cooker)

Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs.  --Umm yum!!

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for posting this.  I'll be getting some new recipes out of this which I love!!   :)

Jenniy
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Pork Roast with carrots and potatoes
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I never used to but I love being able to put it all in early in the day and have little to no work at dinner

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Soups in the winter. I don't use a crock pot a lot though.

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Manly Stew! 

- 1lb stew meat
- 1 family size can of cheddar soup
- 1 family size can cream of mushroom soup

I also throw a pack of onion soup mix in mine. Let if cook on low for about 8 hours. I serve it over homemade biscuits & rice, but it makes an awesome brown gravy and taste good on EVERYTHING lol. 

wandep
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM

This is really good!

BBQ Beer Shredded Pork Sandwiches in The Crock Pot

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup of beer
    • 2 bottles of bbq sauce
    • Garlic/pepper/salt
    • Pork Chops

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Put everything in crock pot and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Shred pork chops and let them sit in sauce for about 15 or so minutes.
    2. Serve on hamburger bun.
wandep
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM

This is really good!

Rotisserie Chicken Crock Pot Style

Cook Time 6 hrs Temp High

INGREDIENTS

• Ingredients
    • 1 whole chicken
    • olive oil, to spray chicken
    • Lawry's Season Salt, to taste
    • aluminum foil

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Directions
    2. Step One
    3. Clean chicken and spray with olive oil. Season with Lawry’s seasoned salt.
    4. Step Two
    5. Make 4 2-3”balls of aluminum foil and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker. (The chicken is going to sit on these).
    6. Step Three
    7. Place chicken breast side down in slow cooker on top of aluminum balls.
    8. Step Four
    9. Cook on High, 4-6 hours.
wandep
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Haven't tried it yet but sounds good!

Crock Pot Sour Cream Chicken

INGREDIENTS

• to 4 chicken breast halves
    • to 1 16 oz sour cream container
    • to 1 10.5 ounce can of cream-based soup (Grammie uses Cream of Chicken, I like to use Cream of Celery)
    • - Veggies (I like carrots and celery, and used 6 stalks of celery and a few handfuls of baby carrots)
    • - Salt and pepper to taste
    • - Rice

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Time Involved
    2. 5 minutes or so to prep, 6 hours to cook (in your crock pot!) on low.
    3. How to Make it
    4. Mix the can of soup and the sour cream in a bowl. Cut your veggies up. Dump half of the soup mixture and half of the veggies into your crock pot, place the chicken breasts on top, and then put the rest of the soup mixture and veggies on top of the chicken. Turn on your crock pot on low and let it sit for 6 hours or so. The chicken will be fall-apart delicious by the time it’s done.
    5. Before serving, whip up some rice (we like brown rice, but tonight we used a microwaveable brown rice/quinoa mix from Costco and omg.it.was.delicious), make a bed of rice on your plate, and top with the sour cream chicken and veggies (and sauce…the sour cream sauce is so good!).
    6. In one meal you have your protein, your whole grains, your veggies, and even your dairy. And you can make it in your crock pot…win!
    7. Also? This makes an awesome lunch the next day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)