Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do you keep children occupied on long trips?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 27 Replies

Our van has a DVD player,and they have Leapster Explorers and Nintendo 3DS to help occupy them.

Before we had the van and the game systems, we bought the adapter so we could plug the laptop in and let them watch movies on it.....lol. That was cheaper than the headrest DVD players.

but what kinds of things do you do together in the car?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cara124
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Tablets with lots of Apps , download movies & basically what ever electronic I can think of LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM

We have a portable dvd player. My son has a LeapPad 2, Leapster, and DSi. My daughter  has a DSi and an iPod touch.

Kainalu55
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM

their iPads

Kainalu55
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM

snacks

bhwrn1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:24 AM

DVD, books crayons with paper, small car travel games (connect four scrabble), singing, car games such as the license plate game. Also, we try to leave so they can sleep. Like when we go to FL, we leave at night right before their bedtime. We let them watch a movie then we turn it off and they go to sleep.

jessicasmom1
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Ipod, netbooks .. electronics..  I spy , letter game

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM

LOL....that's what I've been doing (electronics).

Quoting cara124:

Tablets with lots of Apps , download movies & basically what ever electronic I can think of LOL

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

My boys have an iPod touch, but one to share, so it doesn't leave the house when I have them both.

Quoting Rushn311:

We have a portable dvd player. My son has a LeapPad 2, Leapster, and DSi. My daughter  has a DSi and an iPod touch.

Jenniy
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM
3ds, Dsi, portable Dvd player, kindle fire
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM

The sleeping thing used to work, but it doesn't any more, lol. They get excited.

Quoting bhwrn1:

DVD, books crayons with paper, small car travel games (connect four scrabble), singing, car games such as the license plate game. Also, we try to leave so they can sleep. Like when we go to FL, we leave at night right before their bedtime. We let them watch a movie then we turn it off and they go to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)