easter eggsIt's hard to believe, what with all this snow blowing by my window, but Easter is hopping on by in just a few weeks. Already! I guess I could start psyching myself up for that annual egg dyeing project. Um ... yay? Or not. I've got a few Easters as a mom under my belt now. I'm kind of a slow learner, but I've finally figured it out: Dyeing Easter eggs is a total waste of time and food. I am so done with that project!

Year after year, I boil all those eggs. A whole dozen of them! And we dissolve those little color tablets. And we dunk. And we dry. And we hide. And we seek. And we find. And then? We've got all these flipping eggs! Who eats so many eggs?!?

Don't get me wrong. I love eggs. I don't mind a plain hard boiled egg. And I'll eat egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs. And I will eat them in a tree, and in a boat, and with a goat. But you know what? A small family like mine can only eat so many hard boiled eggs. And I refuse to throw away good food. So we suffer through Egg Week every Easter.

Well the egg madness stops this year. I'm boiling four eggs, tops. Four precious, painstakingly-decorated little eggs. And that's it. We will take all week to eat our four little eggs, and we will not be annoyed by them. For there will only be four of them. I think that's enough to get your colored egg ya-yas out with only one kid, don't you? Or maybe I'll just skip egg dyeing altogether this year. I bet no one will even notice!

Do you hate figuring out what to do with all the Easter eggs, or does your family eat them all with no problem?