Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

vacaaaaation !!!!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 9 Replies
I need help, we are going to Bermuda sands in south Carolina in may. Me, my two boys javon is five and Curtis is eleven and my s/o. How can I save money but still have fun and make lots of memories for my family? I want to save money on the way down there, what should I pack for the kids for the ride down there?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I use to pack a bag for the boys with all kinds of puzzle books, pads of paper, colored pencils, reg pencils, crayons etc....I also would try to pick up a couple of new cheap toys for them too...like match box cars or small hand held games etc....I'd put it all in either a plastic box with a lid so they could keep it all together or in a couple of big zip lock bags.  I also took a big zip lock bag of snacks too.  I dont know if that's helped you at all but that's what I did.  lol    :)

I'm going to the mountains at the end of April and I've been saving my change to use for spending money.  I've already gone to the bank and cashed in 48.00.  I've got some more and I'll keep tossing it in the container. 

wandep
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Pack your own snacks for the car ride. That is what I am doing this time. :) That way we don't have to spend a lot at the gas stations for snacks. We're off to N Carolina on Saturday. I am so excited!!! Your trip sounds nice too. 

wandep
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM

What state are you going to? We're off to North Carolina on Saturday. :)

Quoting louannwilkins:

I use to pack a bag for the boys with all kinds of puzzle books, pads of paper, colored pencils, reg pencils, crayons etc....I also would try to pick up a couple of new cheap toys for them too...like match box cars or small hand held games etc....I'd put it all in either a plastic box with a lid so they could keep it all together or in a couple of big zip lock bags.  I also took a big zip lock bag of snacks too.  I dont know if that's helped you at all but that's what I did.  lol    :)

I'm going to the mountains at the end of April and I've been saving my change to use for spending money.  I've already gone to the bank and cashed in 48.00.  I've got some more and I'll keep tossing it in the container. 

momofsixangels
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:48 AM

We used to drive to Canada when I was a kid.I always remember stopping aqnd having a picnic.

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I live in NC and I'm going to the mountains in our state because I think they're so beautiful.  I've rented a cabin in Bryson City NC.  I hope you have a great time!!!!    :)

Quoting wandep:

Quoting louannwilkins:

wandep
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Cool, thanks. We're going to Franklin. So excited!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

I live in NC and I'm going to the mountains in our state because I think they're so beautiful.  I've rented a cabin in Bryson City NC.  I hope you have a great time!!!!    :)

Quoting wandep:

Quoting louannwilkins:

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Did you get a room with a kitchen? Cook meals in the room. Make sure you pick up the coupon books when you get down there, there are so many things to do and most places have great deals in those books.

Make sure to pack snacks, drinks, coloring books and crayons, hand held game systems/iPod/iPads if they have those, or movies if you have a DVD player to keep them occupied.

Stevensmomma
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM

snacks handheld games music

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Can you look for free stops on the way? Like historical sights or free zoos?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)