It's an unwritten law that anything you consume or create on St. Patrick's Day has to be green. Could be forest green. Could be mint green. Could even be neon green. But it has to be green. And one of the easiest (most delicious)recipes to turn green are good ol' fashioned chocolate chip cookies.
Bring them to a party, or heck, just make 'em with the kids, but come on guys, it's St. Patty's Day -- you have to bake these cookies.
Green Chocolate Chips for St. Patrick's Day
- 8 ounces unsalted, softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Pandan Flavored Paste
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugars with the butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, coconut, Pandan Paste, and cream, and mix until evenly combined. Then add the egg and mix until blended. Slowly stir in the flour with the baking soda and stop mixing as soon as all of the flour is incorporated. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
2. Use a 1 1/2-inch ice-cream scoop to shape balls of dough and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet, about 12 per sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.