Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Local attractions

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:59 AM
  • 9 Replies

We don't have a lot to do in our area! 

I have to drive 30 miles to go to a zoo!

I have to drive 30 miles to go to a museum!

Do you have local attractions, things to do for your kids?

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NearSeattleMom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Despite my screen name, I live in Southern California and there are a TON of things to do here.  My favorite free thing is to go to the beach for the day.  My favorite non-free thing is to go to Disneyland!

There are a million things in between . . . just today we went to the fair!

EmptyNestMama
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM

We have some local parks and small town museums, but they mostly just have antique stuff from the locals. So not much fun for the kids. 

We have to drive a little bit, but they do have this little go kart fun place with tons of fun indoor stuff to play too!

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:28 AM

We have tons. We have disneyworld,universal studios,sea world,bush gardens,epcot,wet n wild,animal kingdom

CometGirl
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM

We have a pool and a very small local museum.  We have to drive at least 30 miles for other attractions.

deccaf
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Sea World, Zoo, Beach, Aquarium,

deccaf
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Yup!  I live in the San Diego area, and LOVE it!  However, I am from Washington originally!

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Despite my screen name, I live in Southern California and there are a TON of things to do here.  My favorite free thing is to go to the beach for the day.  My favorite non-free thing is to go to Disneyland!

There are a million things in between . . . just today we went to the fair!

Visit Investors!

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:26 PM
We do mot have any local attractions. The closest ones are 1 1/2hrs away from where we live
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM
We just moved, and there isn't a ton here-but there's a nice lake to fish in a few miles from our house. Then, there's the zoo and water park.

Lots of outdoor things though, and a movie theatre and scate park.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:25 PM

There are all kinds of things to do here but it's a little bit of a drive for us too.  What we use to do was double up with another mom and her kids and take one vehicle to do things.  It saves on gas.  One of us would drive one time and the other mom would drive the next time.  It was also good too because the kids had someone else to play with other than their siblings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)