Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Movie Rental-Review Divergent

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM
  • 5 Replies

I recently watched Divergent.  I was so disappointed.  They completely changed motives and actions for Tris and Four.  If you have read the book, I do NOT recommend the movie.  In Hunger Games, at least they kept the basic story line, but Divergent isn't even the same story.  The premise is the same, but the story changes too much from book to movie.

Did you see it?  What did you think?

Visit Investors!

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Haven't see the movie, but I often expect disappointment when I see a book adapted into a movie.

bhwrn1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Funny, I thought the movie was pretty well done, to be honest. I didn't like Theo James' look, I think he looks too old and he was not what I pictured for Four at all. I don't understand how you think it's a different story line. Can you explain?

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Never saw it or even heard of it before.

deccaf
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM

The motivations they gave Tris in the movie are different than in the book.  She seems to just be swept along with things going on in the movie, where in the book, she had a purpose in what she did.  The way she reacts with Jeanine was also totally different. There wasn't the hatred she had in the book, which changes the entire relationship between them.  When Four isn't the one hwo shuts down the simulation, it changes too much.  He no longer has that act going for him, which comes into play in so many other areas in future books.  And how her mother died was just different enough that it will have to continue in other movies.  Her mother dying was HUGE motivation for Tris to do what she did.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Funny, I thought the movie was pretty well done, to be honest. I didn't like Theo James' look, I think he looks too old and he was not what I pictured for Four at all. I don't understand how you think it's a different story line. Can you explain?

Visit Investors!

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Sorry, I've never seen it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN