Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Classes for a 3 year old?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to find an art or painting class for DD.  She has a patch on her eye and I need something ot help strengthen her eye while keeping her entertained.  Any ideas in the San Diego area?

Visit Investors!

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Can you check if the parks and rec in your area offer any classes?  I know in my area, they usually offer those type of classes for older kids probably 5 and up.  Check Groupon and see if there are any art classes.  Maybe she can participate in other activities to help her focus, I took DD too the library and did arts and crafts.  I also found this in your area.  The Think Play and Create Children's Museum has a toddler program that would be great for her. 8/8, arts and craft activity, 8/22 Finger painting.  They ask kids be 4 and younger.  I hope you can find something she likes.

Weekly Toddler Programs

The New Children's Museum hosts facilitated toddler programming every Friday beginning at 10:30 a.m.  Our toddler program values the whole child and supports healthy bodies and minds, with music, movement and social play for young children.  Our toddler programming is made possible by the generous support of ScholarShare, First 5 and Whole Foods.

In addition to our Friday morning activities, we have three floors of interactive space for toddlers to explore.  Our current exhibition Feast: The Art of Playing With Your Food provides opportunities for toddlers to play, learn and engage in spectacular food-themed art installations and through food-related art activities focusing on health, nutrition, and exercise.  Toddlers especially love our giant kitchen sink (Wobbleland) and our live chickens (S.O.S. 5p.m. West)!

- See more at: http://thinkplaycreate.org/toddlers#sthash.vwB2AQfh.dpuf
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Hope you find one for her!

deccaf
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep wanting to take her to the children's museum. The only problem with that class is that it is Friday at 10:30. I work. I found a place that takes them at 4, so September would work.

Quoting momofnatalie:

Can you check if the parks and rec in your area offer any classes?  I know in my area, they usually offer those type of classes for older kids probably 5 and up.  Check Groupon and see if there are any art classes.  Maybe she can participate in other activities to help her focus, I took DD too the library and did arts and crafts.  I also found this in your area.  The Think Play and Create Children's Museum has a toddler program that would be great for her. 8/8, arts and craft activity, 8/22 Finger painting.  They ask kids be 4 and younger.  I hope you can find something she likes.

Weekly Toddler Programs

The New Children's Museum hosts facilitated toddler programming
every Friday beginning at 10:30 a.m.  Our toddler program values the
whole child and supports healthy bodies and minds, with music, movement
and social play for young children.  Our toddler programming is made
possible by the generous support of ScholarShare, First 5 and Whole
Foods.

In addition to our Friday morning activities, we have three
floors of interactive space for toddlers to explore.  Our current
exhibition Feast: The Art of Playing With Your Food provides
opportunities for toddlers to play, learn and engage in spectacular
food-themed art installations and through food-related art activities
focusing on health, nutrition, and exercise.  Toddlers especially love
our giant kitchen sink (Wobbleland) and our live chickens (S.O.S. 5p.m. West)!

- See more at: http://thinkplaycreate.org/toddlers#sthash.vwB2AQfh.dpuf
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hope you've been able to find something  :)

deccaf
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I found a place called Little Artists that starts at 4.  I am trying to get a call back from them.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Hope you've been able to find something  :)

Visit Investors!

bbyblueAK
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I hope you are able to find something for her.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 6:13 PM

bumping for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN