Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

School

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM
  • 23 Replies
Have any kids going back to school this month? My oldest is 6 and going into the 1st grade. Its amazing how fast they grow up.

Have you already got their school supplies? Clothes? What grade(s) are they going into?
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:04 PM
We just moved. And we're not doing great, as I'm not sure when school starts here! But I'll get it together this week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Thankfully I don't have kids small and in school anymore but boy do I remember those days!!  I'm sure I'll help out with the grandkids when the time comes

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

DD is 4 and starts preschool on the 25th.  We don't need to bring anything but a lunch.  I did stock up on some glue sticks and will get some crayons that she can use at home.

bbyblueAK
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:31 AM
How old are your grandkids?

Quoting louannwilkins:

Thankfully I don't have kids small and in school anymore but boy do I remember those days!!  I'm sure I'll help out with the grandkids when the time comes

bbyblueAK
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Did you move over a town or did you move states? Hope your move went ok despite the school stress.

Quoting celestegood: We just moved. And we're not doing great, as I'm not sure when school starts here! But I'll get it together this week.
bbyblueAK
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM
They get big so fast don't they?!

Quoting momofnatalie:

DD is 4 and starts preschool on the 25th.  We don't need to bring anything but a lunch.  I did stock up on some glue sticks and will get some crayons that she can use at home.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Mine go back the 18th. I have 5 in school grades 6th,7th,8th,10th and a senior in high school

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Yes they do, it was just like yesterday we were coming home from the hospital with her.

Quoting bbyblueAK: They get big so fast don't they?!
Quoting momofnatalie:

mozdmom
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:50 AM

We have a 5th, 7th and 9th grader returning to school on the 19th. Cannot believe how much high school charges for everything $40 Student body card, $25 for gym clothes ($50 as you know we will need 2 of them) $80 for every AP claass, $25 for elective classes materials (shop, art, photography etc), $150 to play a fall sport (this is after we have raised over $500 for the football program). I am sure we pay taxes for something but it does not appear to be applied to school.

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:36 AM

4 and 6

Quoting bbyblueAK: How old are your grandkids?
Quoting louannwilkins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN