Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

No Electronics Rule

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you have a time when no electronics are allowed?  We don't allow electronics going on when we have dinner and when we go out to eat, no electronics.  However when we dine with another family, 90% of the time, their kids have an ipad or phone to play with and then DD is watching them play. 

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Not really.

emkirkley
by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:05 AM
No electronics during meals, and the nabis have have time limits set on them
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Same, not around meals
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
No.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My boys don't use electronics during meals/at the table, it's not a rule, they just don't do it. I would make it a rule if it became a problem.
coolmommy2x
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Not allowed during dinner. My nieces have an issue with that but I make them put them away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Definitely they wouldn't be allowed at dinner whether at home or at a restaurant.  I think they're used too often.  Even my granddaughter who is 4 wants them.  We let her have them if we're in the car and once in a while at home but not as often she'd like them.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM

That is great, I wish I had that for my DD's leappad.  I set a timer but sometimes it takes another 10 minutes of trying to let her "finish".

Quoting emkirkley: No electronics during meals, and the nabis have have time limits set on them

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I know its a battle and I want my kids to be able to have a conversation with people and not be hooked on electronics and my DD is 4, can be a computer addict if I didn't set limits.  You should see Thanksgiving dinner with DH's family, everyone who is not cooking is on an electronic device and no one talks unless they found are playing against each on in a game.  Drives me nuts.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Definitely they wouldn't be allowed at dinner whether at home or at a restaurant.  I think they're used too often.  Even my granddaughter who is 4 wants them.  We let her have them if we're in the car and once in a while at home but not as often she'd like them.

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM

That's really sad that they don't understand how much their losing out on by not having time for each other.  It would drive me nuts too.  Maybe you should make a "suggestion" that everyone put their device in a bowl until the meal is over at least. lol 

Quoting momofnatalie:

I know its a battle and I want my kids to be able to have a conversation with people and not be hooked on electronics and my DD is 4, can be a computer addict if I didn't set limits.  You should see Thanksgiving dinner with DH's family, everyone who is not cooking is on an electronic device and no one talks unless they found are playing against each on in a game.  Drives me nuts.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)