Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Family Fun: Arts and Crafts

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

Take a break from television for some creative family crafting. Spread newspaper or cardboard over the kitchen table and, voilĂ , you've got a craft room! Pick a project and assemble a kit for everyone. Ideas include:

Or let each person bring his or her own hobby to the table. You can admire each others' talents and progress, or teach and learn new skills. Just think how much confidence your child will gain from teaching Mom and Dad or his or her siblings how to do something!

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I had all boys and they weren't all that interested in crafts.  Even when we'd do things specifically for boys.  Go figure!!  LOL  We did do tye dyed shirts and they enjoyed that one!  :)

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM
My boys love doing crafts right now.
bhwrn1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this

TFS

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Aww

Quoting louannwilkins:

I had all boys and they weren't all that interested in crafts.  Even when we'd do things specifically for boys.  Go figure!!  LOL  We did do tye dyed shirts and they enjoyed that one!  :)

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM
That is awesome!!

Quoting bbyblueAK: My boys love doing crafts right now.
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:58 PM
We love being creative and using stuff around the house for arts and crafts.
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My kids love making crafts!

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM

tyfs fun!

abra
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM
That is great! When is the last time you all made a craft together?

Quoting momofnatalie: We love being creative and using stuff around the house for arts and crafts.
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I took a paper plate and had her look for healthy foods.  She got to cut them out of my magazines and glued them to the plate.  She had fun looking for fruits and veggies, she knew those were healthy.  She's 4, so at first she tried to convince me cupcakes were healthy.  She likes to make cards for her grandpa, he has a massive stroke so she sends him things to cheer him up.

Quoting abra: That is great! When is the last time you all made a craft together?
Quoting momofnatalie: We love being creative and using stuff around the house for arts and crafts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)