Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Volunteering

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM
  • 17 Replies

Has your family done any volunteer work together?  I hope when the kids get a little older we could do something to help others.

by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM

We help some homeless men. We had 3 others we knew and helped that were murdered  almost 5 months ago. We held a vigil for them and raised money for their funerals.We also help get donations for a dog rescue and once a month we visit a local nursing home and pass out cookies.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM

You are such a giving person.  I know from the other groups you do so much to benefit others.  I hope your kids enjoy helping you with all of the work you do.  I think it is such a valuable experience to give to our kids. 

Quoting momofsixangels:

We help some homeless men. We had 3 others we knew and helped that were murdered  almost 5 months ago. We held a vigil for them and raised money for their funerals.We also help get donations for a dog rescue and once a month we visit a local nursing home and pass out cookies.

momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Quoting momofnatalie:

You are such a giving person.  I know from the other groups you do so much to benefit others.  I hope your kids enjoy helping you with all of the work you do.  I think it is such a valuable experience to give to our kids. 

Quoting momofsixangels:

Awwww...Thank-you!!! I really enjoy doing it and love how it makes me feel

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Just seeing the pics always cheers up my day.  With my dad being in and out of nursing homes I so appreciate the work that you do. 

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting momofnatalie:

Quoting momofsixangels:

abra
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Yep. We helped a lot when our church was being built. We've also volunteered individually before.
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM
We've volunteered at the homeless shelter before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Quoting momofnatalie:

Just seeing the pics always cheers up my day.  With my dad being in and out of nursing homes I so appreciate the work that you do. 

Quoting momofsixangels:

Quoting momofnatalie:

Quoting momofsixangels:

Awwww..... Im sorry about your dad. My Mom was in one and it wasnt good. I had the state called in on them and changes were made. There was a lot of verbal abuse and saw some physical as well.Its sad that it happens.My Mom was in an alzehiemers ward so it was very hard b/c they cant defend themselves in any way.I raise money now for alzheimers and we do the walk. I pray they find a cure

momofsixangels

Quoting abra: Yep. We helped a lot when our church was being built. We've also volunteered individually before.

Thats awesome!

momofsixangels

Quoting celestegood: We've volunteered at the homeless shelter before.

Wonderful!!

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:36 AM

we volunteer at the church and do things there from time to time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)