Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Walking

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM
  • 12 Replies
If you live close enough do you walk your kids to school? If not do you go walking around your neighborhood? A track or a park?

I walk my son to school every morning. If I don't work that day I will walk him home as well.
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM

We were never close enough to the schools to walk but I would have loved that!!  I think it's awesome that you're able to do that.  :)

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Our elementary school is somewhat far and all uphill getting there.  It would be a tough hike to get up there.  We do like to walk around our neighborhood, we have a play ground down the block and a walking trail behind our house. 

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM
I love that I am able to walk him to school every morning. We weren't able to walk him when he was in pre-k

Quoting louannwilkins:

We were never close enough to the schools to walk but I would have loved that!!  I think it's awesome that you're able to do that.  :)

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM
We have his school playground and whats called hidden park they can play at. I would absolutely love to have a trail behind where we live or close by.

Quoting momofnatalie:

Our elementary school is somewhat far and all uphill getting there.  It would be a tough hike to get up there.  We do like to walk around our neighborhood, we have a play ground down the block and a walking trail behind our house. 

abra
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Nope, nope, nope. I keep my kids within my eye sight. My oldest is 8, but she doesn't know karate yet. We are fixing that problem!
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM
You don't go on family walks? Or walks around your neighborhood? A trail or park?

Quoting abra: Nope, nope, nope. I keep my kids within my eye sight. My oldest is 8, but she doesn't know karate yet. We are fixing that problem!
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't live close enough to our elementary school to walk. I do walk around my neighborhood/community.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

we walk around the neighborhood

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

They all take buses

artemisa3001
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

We live very close to school so we walk her to school; actually, we move there so we could walk her, it's a great neighborhood; the only downside is that we live in South Florida, so just 5 minuts walking outside is hot as hell!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)