Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

My BIL and his family just posted their video.  Have you participated in it or planned to if challenged?

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I have not participated but don't know if I would if I were challenged. I have no money to donate anyway. Its a great challenge though.
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I know we are tight on cash but I would probably dump the ice water on me and posted it.  My 4 yr old wants to do it and I told her that if we were challenged, we will. 

Quoting bbyblueAK: I have not participated but don't know if I would if I were challenged. I have no money to donate anyway. Its a great challenge though.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

No I havent

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

i've seen a lot of friends doing this

bhwrn1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I did, as did hubby and two of my three kids. My LO got called out yesterday.

berlgirl1224
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I was challenged but didn't do it.
I was changed at 10pm on a Wednesday. Within the 24 I had to complete my challenge, I took an injured stray cat to a nearby shelter because she needed immediate care. I donated to her cause. $25
And then I went to work and worked until 11pm
Then on Friday, I took another cat to the same shelter who had been run over by a car, and lost it's tail and was being eaten by maggots, so I donated to them again, another $25 and then went to work again until 11pm
So within 48 hours of bein challenged, I donated $50 to an animal shelter and saved the lives of two kitties, I believe I did my part, even though it wasn't for ALS

I WILL NOT make a video and post it even though I haven't given the $10 to ALS. To me, that is being a fake. And honestly, on a waitress's budget, I am out of money after saving those kitties.

All year I do ate to other charities that are close to my heart that family members have been through (lives with and died from) so it's not like I have a black heart.

I don't feel bad with my decision
MistressMinerva
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM

My daughter got challenged by my sister yesterday so I figure I will be challenged next by my daughter.

Charizma77
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I didn't get nominated but would have done it if I did...

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:36 PM

That's great!  Is your LO excited to do it?

Quoting bhwrn1:

I did, as did hubby and two of my three kids. My LO got called out yesterday.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I commend you for helping animals.  I know when the challenge was created it was one person trying to honor a friend's struggle.  I wish now we could raise funds for other causes as well. 

Quoting berlgirl1224: I was challenged but didn't do it. I was changed at 10pm on a Wednesday. Within the 24 I had to complete my challenge, I took an injured stray cat to a nearby shelter because she needed immediate care. I donated to her cause. $25 And then I went to work and worked until 11pm Then on Friday, I took another cat to the same shelter who had been run over by a car, and lost it's tail and was being eaten by maggots, so I donated to them again, another $25 and then went to work again until 11pm So within 48 hours of bein challenged, I donated $50 to an animal shelter and saved the lives of two kitties, I believe I did my part, even though it wasn't for ALS I WILL NOT make a video and post it even though I haven't given the $10 to ALS. To me, that is being a fake. And honestly, on a waitress's budget, I am out of money after saving those kitties. All year I do ate to other charities that are close to my heart that family members have been through (lives with and died from) so it's not like I have a black heart. I don't feel bad with my decision

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)