Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Posted by   + Show Post

My BIL and his family just posted their video.  Have you participated in it or planned to if challenged?

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Replies (11-17):
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Lol maybe she will overlook you and nominate someone else. 

Quoting MistressMinerva:

My daughter got challenged by my sister yesterday so I figure I will be challenged next by my daughter.

MistressMinerva
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Quoting momofnatalie:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

My daughter got challenged by my sister yesterday so I figure I will be challenged next by my daughter.

Nope, she did indeed nominate me for the challenge. So I'm going to do it after I get off work tomorrow.
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Good luck!  I hope its nice and warm outside when you get out.  

Quoting MistressMinerva:
Quoting momofnatalie:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Nope, she did indeed nominate me for the challenge. So I'm going to do it after I get off work tomorrow.

berlgirl1224
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Thanks. I figured when I wrote this I was gonna get jumped, but it hasn't happened yet

Quoting momofnatalie:

I commend you for helping animals.  I know when the challenge was created it was one person trying to honor a friend's struggle.  I wish now we could raise funds for other causes as well. 

Quoting berlgirl1224: I was challenged but didn't do it.
I was changed at 10pm on a Wednesday. Within the 24 I had to complete my challenge, I took an injured stray cat to a nearby shelter because she needed immediate care. I donated to her cause. $25
And then I went to work and worked until 11pm
Then on Friday, I took another cat to the same shelter who had been run over by a car, and lost it's tail and was being eaten by maggots, so I donated to them again, another $25 and then went to work again until 11pm
So within 48 hours of bein challenged, I donated $50 to an animal shelter and saved the lives of two kitties, I believe I did my part, even though it wasn't for ALS

I WILL NOT make a video and post it even though I haven't given the $10 to ALS. To me, that is being a fake. And honestly, on a waitress's budget, I am out of money after saving those kitties.

All year I do ate to other charities that are close to my heart that family members have been through (lives with and died from) so it's not like I have a black heart.

I don't feel bad with my decision

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:16 PM

No, we are a good group.  I think everyone values someone with a good heart like you! :)

Quoting berlgirl1224: Thanks. I figured when I wrote this I was gonna get jumped, but it hasn't happened yet
Quoting momofnatalie:

I commend you for helping animals.  I know when the challenge was created it was one person trying to honor a friend's struggle.  I wish now we could raise funds for other causes as well. 

Quoting berlgirl1224: I was challenged but didn't do it. I was changed at 10pm on a Wednesday. Within the 24 I had to complete my challenge, I took an injured stray cat to a nearby shelter because she needed immediate care. I donated to her cause. $25 And then I went to work and worked until 11pm Then on Friday, I took another cat to the same shelter who had been run over by a car, and lost it's tail and was being eaten by maggots, so I donated to them again, another $25 and then went to work again until 11pm So within 48 hours of bein challenged, I donated $50 to an animal shelter and saved the lives of two kitties, I believe I did my part, even though it wasn't for ALS I WILL NOT make a video and post it even though I haven't given the $10 to ALS. To me, that is being a fake. And honestly, on a waitress's budget, I am out of money after saving those kitties. All year I do ate to other charities that are close to my heart that family members have been through (lives with and died from) so it's not like I have a black heart. I don't feel bad with my decision

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Not done it. Saw the neighbors doing one the other day though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM
We were nominated and didn't do it. I don't cave to pressure ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)