Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you test?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

I am currently 11dpo and am dieing to take a test.  Just wanted to know when others start testing.  I told myself I would wait until AF was due which is 4 days from now, nbtu I don' tknow if I can wait that long.  I just don't want to be dissappointed by taking one too early....GAHHHH  I hate this 2-week wait stuff, not fair, not fair!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busyizzybsmom
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I've tested positive at 9 dpo before. :) but this time I didn't test positive until 14 dpo. And yes, I'm sure about my dates - OPKs, temping, etc. :) good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Gahhh...DH says to just wait until Thursday and see if AF comes...I am so anxious I don't know if I can wait.  And I am pretty much guessing on date, no opk's or anything this month.  I will see if i can hold out, but I might have to sneak out and get a cheapy test before then....I just hate seeing the negative.

Quoting busyizzybsmom:

I've tested positive at 9 dpo before. :) but this time I didn't test positive until 14 dpo. And yes, I'm sure about my dates - OPKs, temping, etc. :) good luck!

busyizzybsmom
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM
:) I buy tests in bulk online so they're only $0.65 ea or something like that so that I can test as much as I want. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaLove27
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I got my faint line on 11DPO and PRENGNAT on digital 12DPO..I would buy the tests that have 3 in a pack that way if you get a bfn..you can try again in a few days..

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Amy_M
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Definately negative this month.  AF finally showed her ugly face 2 days after suspected day.  Grrrr.....hopefully a better outcome next month.  I just wish AF would get back to a regular cycle.  

nicoleeoh
by Member on Jan. 22, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Your not alone, same thing happend to me this month, we only BD the one time during my ovulation but I hoped it would be enough since I'd gotten pg in the past w/o really trying. I tested neg at 11dpo & at 14dpo & AF showed up at 15dpo. Depressing to see the bfn's & more depressing to see AF (who should be gone in one more day). A week & a half & we can try & this time I plan to really try. Sorry this month didn't go well for you but *baby dust* & good luck next time! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by on Jan. 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Thanks and baby dust to you.   This month we tried harded than last month.  We BD on Mon, wed, and fri the week of ov.  But AF came 2 days late, so I don't even know WHEN I ovulated.  We just lost our baby in October, so it ahs only been 3 months....2 months of real trying.  With my daughter I got off birth control and was preggo that week!  The baby we lost was a surprise baby, but we only BD once that week of ovulation.  It is so hard to have to TRY when before it happened right away.  

Quoting nicoleeoh:

Your not alone, same thing happend to me this month, we only BD the one time during my ovulation but I hoped it would be enough since I'd gotten pg in the past w/o really trying. I tested neg at 11dpo & at 14dpo & AF showed up at 15dpo. Depressing to see the bfn's & more depressing to see AF (who should be gone in one more day). A week & a half & we can try & this time I plan to really try. Sorry this month didn't go well for you but *baby dust* & good luck next time! :)

Ashleysnicholas
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM
So sorry :( I am still waiting and freaking out. I am so trying to be ok but it is all I can think about. Of course I want it to be positive but the anxiety of not knowing good or bad is what is driving me crazy. Af is due until Feb 1 so I am not sure when I will test.

Hang in there!
Amy_M
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM

The waiting is the worst part!  I am trying to do things to keep my mind off of getting pregnant, but that's easier said than done.  And having internet access doesn't help...LOL  Too many websites to look at!  You hang in there and I will be praying and sending you baby dust.  

Quoting Ashleysnicholas:

So sorry :( I am still  aiting and freaking out. I am so trying to be ok but it is all I can think about. Of course I want it to be positive but the anxiety of not knowing good or bad is what is driving me crazy. Af is due until Feb 1 so I am not sure when I will test.

Hang in there!

Ashleysnicholas
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Quoting Amy_M:

Thank you! I will do the same for you, and yes I agree that waiting is the hardest part... I'll keep you updated and please do the same.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)