Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fussy Baby Boy

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

So my son (13 days old) has been very fussy with me for days now.   My husband went back to work on Monday and since then when I hold him he cries and makes his hungry face.   He's not breastfed but he is given my breast milk as I pump excliusively.

So today my mom came over to help me.   I fed him and then gave him to her so I could do some light housework.   He sat in her arms wide awake and looked around and was a dream.   About an hour later she wanted to go to the bathroom so I took him and she did her thing.  I held him for like 5 mins and the whole time he cried and made his hungry face.   he wasnt hundry as he had just had 4 ounces.   He didnt want his pacifier.   he just screamed.   So it occured to me:   I am food.   he gets upset when I hold him and he's awake because I smell like food and I am the one that feeds him most and so he now thinks that I am food.

Have any of the rest of you had this problem?   How do I fix it?

I told me husband and he said "omg, Im so sorry, It's ok we can fix it.   ill feed him more often and get up with him in the middle of the night as much as I can."

So I have support, but other than those things I dont know exactly what to do.

Any advice would be great.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)