Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thoughts

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

As we come into the the time where more and more people are spending time inside, we're going to see more activity, I believe.  I know I haven't been on much myself because of the summer time.

So, with that, I also want to try to do what I can for the group.

Some things may not apply to everyone, but I want some ideas and suggestions.  Thoughts on anything.

All of these things would be something I personally would be doing as best as I can.  Anyone is welcome to offer up their own "gifts" as well.  But, these are things that I would like to do for the group.  And since this is an open discussion group, I want feedback as to what you ladies think.

I want to do a diaper bag giveaway for a new mom.  Thoughts on this?  Criteria that should be met in order to get a diaper bag?

Back to School giveaway.  Not sure how I want to go about doing this.  As I am returning to school myself.  So, I don't know if I want to make this as a helping tool for those moms who are returning to school in giving them a package of "school" supplies.  Or making it a package for their school age children.  Thoughts?  Criteria?

And a small food drive.  This would mainly be a few items.  Just whatever I can fit into a Large Flat Rate box.  I don't know exactly what I would be able to fit in it.  I'm thinking probably a few cans of food, maybe some boxed foods, and possibly even some jarred baby food if it's needed.

So, thoughts ladies?  What do you think?  Any other things someone thinks might be useful?

Kim

Wife to Pat (7-19-08), SAHM to Corbin (7-10-08) and Marlee (12-21-10)

Group Mod

Do you want to help another mom?  Do you need help?  Do you believe there are still good people willing to help each other out?  Come join me at Helping Hands

by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pebbles98
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM

The diaper bag giveaway is a great idea. The only concern I have is will they actually need it? Seems new moms gets lots of stuff for the baby when the baby is a newborn. From my own personal experience, I started needing things when the kids were a little older...like when they started to need sippy cups, bowls, padded silverware, etc..

The back to school giveaway...that would be incredably helpful. Why not do bags (moms going BTS and kids going BTS) but give them to seperate families? As for criteria, not sure on that one.

Small food drive is another great idea. Just not sure how to go about the criteria.

What about a home decor give away? For those who are just moving into a new place? or are still in need of home items like curtains and sheets. If we know who it's for we can send that color...blue for boys, pink stuff for girls, neutrals for LR, BR, BDRM and so on. Again, I have noooo idea how to handle the criteria for such things though.

Guess it would help if people just told wrote a list of things they need and we pitch in to go from there. Also what if so many people signed up for each project, each get a flat rate box and fill it with items to be sent. Either that or one person send an item or two to the project managers home, they fill up the box and send it off. This way the cost of buying and shipping all the items isn't on one person but more of a group effort.

boom_maker
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

i like the food drive idea, pack a box and send it off. i've done that for friends/family that were deployed. we would just need to know if there were any sorts of allergies/special diets. i'm terrible at someingup with ideas, i'm better at following directions, haha.

jaydensmomma707
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I like the diaper bag idea alot and the food. The school supplies I would say for moms of kids going back to school. I also think pebbles has a few good ideas.

Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN