Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Needing Someone To Talk To

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 520 Total Views

Usually I'm good at handeling the stress but today it seems like it is getting the best of me. Just needing to find a listening ear and open mind to hear what I have to say. Can't talk to much to DH about it because right now he is feeling the same stress I am and just don't want one more worry on his head to know that I am stressing so hard to. He works hard for our family and while things are falling apart if I say anything he kinda thinks I'm blameing him and he has nothing to do with it like I say he tries his best for us and I couldn't ask for a better man. He thinks now though that he is faling us when he isn't it's just something that he had no control of. So so much to say like I said just looking for someone to talk to. It's hard for me to say this to because I don't like to open my personal life up like this just need to let things out now though.

by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Undomesticated
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:14 PM

You should feel safe to open up here.  We are here to lend you a listening ear when you need us.  Only compassion and understanding here in this group.  So, whatever it is that is stressing you, let it out.

I know, it can be scary at times to open up.  But, sometimes we need that release.

randismom1995
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Quoting Undomesticated:

You should feel safe to open up here.  We are here to lend you a listening ear when you need us.  Only compassion and understanding here in this group.  So, whatever it is that is stressing you, let it out.

I know, it can be scary at times to open up.  But, sometimes we need that release.

Thanks for that I really sometimes need to hear that people really do listen just come accross so many that judge and that is something that is hard to deal with. Things have been going so great DH has a decent job and at this time the way the ecconomey is I would say a great job. He works hard puts in all the hours he can so that bills are paid and my daughter has the things she needs. He did all this so I could stay at home after i got really sick at the last job I had and couldn't work. Keep in mind my daughter isn't his child and he dosn't have to do the things he does for her but he does them without question because he loves her like his own. Now things have went south and he has went from getting 72 plus hours a week down to no more then 48. I am going back to work starting tommorow yes it may be at Burger king but it is a job and money. I keep trying to be that smileing one to say we are going to be just fine and even in the back of my head I wonder if that is the case. Because of the hour cutback rent did not get paid this month and when I went to get help from the local wefare office they told me they can't help til I have been behind for at least 30 days. That comes up here in a couple of days but the landlady has already filed with the courts and to tell you the truth she is the type of person who would get the money and still go through with the eviction. So I plan on taking the help we get if any and useing it as a security deposit at an new place when we find one. So that really wasn't an issue to me. Just as long as we can keep ourselves floating we will get back to where we need to be. All the bills are pileing up but we are talking and working out plans with everyone to get them their money so we don't lose everything. As I pay some I made promises to for today that will put us broke again. That is ok though we have food and all the things we need to survive. I was excited because I was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnell. Then today I just got put over the top. The lady who we are renting from keeps the electric in her name she says it would cost her to much to have it switched over into a renters name so we are supposed to pay it to her. I don't have a problem with this this is the problem. I ask her on a constant week basis for the bill. She dosn't give it to me. If I don't have it it cannot get paid. She does this all the time we get bills that all of a sudden they want over 400 or they are going to shut us off. Now today I get one of those calls from her. I could have taken it and dealt with it but this is the messagge I go." Hello this is so and so from so and so. Your electiric is going to be shut off tommorow unless I get 395 to give to them today. I don't know what to tell you get it to me or I guess your going to be going without." Well that was more then I could handel as I said I just paid all promised out so we are broke. Whats she want me to do find a money fairy? If she would give me these bills like I ask her for then they wouldn't be so big and i would be able to pay from them but when you re robbing from one just to pay another you just can't do that. I jsut don't understand how she can do all this and we just have o deal with it. I saved the message on my phone just so people could hear it and know I wasn't cray and coming up with things because I know some of the things I tell people are just so unbelievable you have to have proof. I just don't know how to deal with all this anymore and am so afarid of loseing everything we don't have much but what we do have is ours and we have worked hard for it. So sorry this is long I and thats only part of it but i needed to get some of it out. Thanks for listening.

Undomesticated
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through that.  What a difficult time. 

Where do you live?  Because there are a lot of places where a landlord can put it in your rental agreement that you pay them with your rent for the electric.  But, if it's in their name, they are required, by law, to make all provisions available to you so that you are not without electricty.  Basically, she may be breaking a law if she's allowing the electric account to go into default.

randismom1995
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I was wondering about that. I mean I don't have a problem paying my bills like I said right now it's robbing from the one to pay the other and holding them all at bay but they get paid. When you hang onto a bill for months though and they expect it all to be paid there is just no way someone can do that and then take care of rent and everything else to. Here in good old Ashtabula County Ohio though I don't know what the lwas are though about this. I need to look into it and find out. I do know though that I make her write me a recepit for everytime we pay it just like rent and I have her put what it is for. So if she is not useing the money for that and wants to say we are not paying it I have proof. Done been through that one with her already to.There are so many issues with her though that I will be so thankful when we find another place and move. My lease is up so even if she wants me to stay I am now free to go without oweing her til she gets a new tennant. Funny thing when I told everyone who I was going to be renting off so many people told me don't do it and I thought really this person can't be that bad. Sometimes I guess it does pay to listen to what others have to say.

Undomesticated
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2011 at 5:53 PM

You should check out this site.

Ohio Tenant Rights

From what I am reading, and I could be wrong since sometimes the terms are pretty vague, your landlord is required to give you electricty unless you are in control of the supply through a direct public utility company.  I may have read that wrong.  But, what I'm getting from it is that your landlord is breaking the law by not keeping your electricity on and allowing your account to go into default.

randismom1995
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Thank you I am going to go check that out now. I feel a lot better today now that I got through my first day of work. This is all such a negative to me but i'm trying to still turn it into a positive once again thanks for taking the time to listen and try to give me some good ideas to check into

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)