Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School starting soon

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

Who here has a child starting school back? Whats the most redicous thing you ever heard a teacher say a kid needs?

Group Mod

by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pebbles98
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I have 2 that are getting ready to go back. One is heading into the 6th grade the other into 7th. I've never had a teacher tell me the kids need anything ridiculous but the lists themselves are outragious. Gotta be a millionaire to afford it all. Thank God my MIL gets supplies that are on sale while she's out. It's always enough to make due for the kids for a couple of years...which is very helpful.

ginger813
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 4:15 PM

My oldest is going into 1st grade this year, and my second is going into her second year of preschool. I guess we're pretty lucky, because we do not have to buy school supplies. The school has everything. A note was actually sent home with my dd telling us NOT to buy anything! I just have to buy backpacks and clothes, and they would have needed the clothes anyway! lol

pebbles98
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 2:13 PM

^ you're so lucky. Even back then we had to buy stuff for our kids AND buy extra for the teacher to keep in class for the other kids too. Every year the teachers ask us to send extra things like pencils, paper, hand sanitizer, kleenex. I used to always give extra stuff to the teachers but a year or so ago one of bffs who is an aide at the local school told me, what ever the teachers dont use (as far as hand sanitizer/kleenex) they take home. She knew of some teachers who take that stuff home throughout the year too. Since then I don't send extra to the rooms for the entire class to "share". I just extra stuff for my own kids. I also send small bottles of hand sanitizer for them to keep in their pockets. Those teachers make more money than my family does. I shouldn't have to supply their home with anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)