Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cable

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 348 Total Views
Do you have cable tv ? we just cancelled ours yesterday cause it was just costing too much money. We have a thousand movies and all the episodes of the shows we like. We will probably go back and get basic cable eventually once we get set up in our new home a few monthes down the line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tramcd
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 8:47 AM
No we have satellite. Cable was to expensive and they kept taking channels away while raising the price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:57 PM

We have done that before. Right now we have dish network

ButterflyMom194
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM

yes and we love it but can live without it

867-5309
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:43 PM

We are getting rid of ours also because of the expense.  Kids will miss it but we will still have Internet so they can watch some things on there.

pebbles98
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Never had cable. Too many of our friends complained about it. We have dish.

momtolittleones
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 3:28 PM

We have digital cable but we don't subscribe to alot of the stuff like DVR and HD. It gets really expensive when you start adding lots of stuff.

boom_maker
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM
we got rid of our cable 12/08 and it was the best decision ever. my husband is completely useless with the tv on so now he doesn't veg like he used to. james also plays instead of watching tv but enjoys the movies we have and his netflix shows. it's great because he doesn't have ads/commercials telling him what he wants.
mommytotwonow
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:57 AM

we have a cable, Internet, and phone package now. we are saving like 160 a month because we get ride of the cell phones and got a home phone package. if it was not a good price we would not have it.

momtolittleones
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:20 PM

We do but it is getting too expensive :(

sportsmom216
by on Sep. 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Quoting mommytotwonow:

we have a cable, Internet, and phone package now. we are saving like 160 a month because we get ride of the cell phones and got a home phone package. if it was not a good price we would not have it.

We have the same thing...cable, phone and internet package.  I does save us money as compared to splitting it but there is one bad point which I recently found out.  When your cable goes out you lose it ALL.  We recently had a flood in our area and we were without all of it for 5 days.  I don't mind missing the TV shows and internet...but I do mind not having the news when a natural disaster hits.  Our cell phones were working so my friends were keeping me up to date through calls and texts.  If there was a better option I would go for it but we are so limited as to choices here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN