Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas shopping??

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

When do you start?

Who do you buy for(outside of kids and s/o)?

I've already started..lol I got one of my nieces her present a couple mths ago!

A couple days ago I bought one of the boys a present(haven't decided who yet)

and today I bought 2 of the 3 I plan to buy, Gameboy Advances..

I know they are old school, but that means CHEAPER and I need 3! LOL

Probably going to be Santa for the kids. I figured they'd love them because they can play them when we take trips home(4hr drive one way)and play them in their room anytime they pretty much want!

My oldest 2 shouldn't have any problems and my youngest will learn fast.. He has already mastered games on the computer..lol

I also put our wii, accessories, and games up for sell on eBay(to hopefully pay for the gameboys..)

Anywho, I was excited.. I start shopping early(obviously)because we are on a budget(which I totally blew today..lol)

I also have to buy for the rest of my neices/nephews(I have 12 total)and we buy for our parents too.

What about you?

Lusty Lenox

save the date

by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gacgbaker
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 4:55 AM

I've got my kids all taken care of- we went on a few trips this summer and as we were on them if the kids saw something they really wanted, I would purchase it when they were not looking.  On Christmas morning they will get a memory book of all our trips and a box from each state we were in with those small toys or souvenirs. 

I plan to wrap up each box in plain brown paper and decorate it with 'state theme' items (like the state flower and stuff like that).  I can't wait!

For all my siblings I am making a memory book of the trip to see them- it was the first time in 10 years all of us were together, so it's a memory we all want to keep!

Other then that we just have to take care of my husbands parents- we are going to visit them this fall so I will probably use a memory book of that trip for them.

The kids teachers don't do gifts- it's a small school and they just request donations and split what they get among the teachers evenly. 

xxLukesMamaxx
by Member on Aug. 21, 2011 at 6:55 AM

I am always scoping out deals. I usually hit up Target for their summer toy sale (in July) and get a few things and then if I see any other great deals I'll get them throughout the year. I usually the the bulk of my stuff on black friday though. 

sweettigeress
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM

I've been buying and holding back things since May. I love good sales. I only buy for DH and the kids. 

lenoxclan
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Target has sale's in July...*cries because I missed it*

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

I am always scoping out deals. I usually hit up Target for their summer toy sale (in July) and get a few things and then if I see any other great deals I'll get them throughout the year. I usually the the bulk of my stuff on black friday though. 

Lusty Lenox

save the date

Kainalu55
by Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 4:00 AM

other than my two daughters, we buy for 3 nieces, one nephew, my sister (who doesn't have any kids for us to buy for) and my parents

Starleet
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 4:01 AM

I buy all year around now so we don't go broke at Christmas time. And I only buy for my kids, we dont have much of a family aside from our own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)