Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Outdoor Activities for Mom and Baby

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies

Just because summer is almost over, and Fall is here doesn't mean it's time for us moms to hide out indoors. Actually, the Fall has some of the best weather to get outside with baby, and there's even more to do now that the extreme summer heat has subsided.

I love walking year round, but come September and October when the air chills out a little, I love it most. Unlike this past summer, when I tried to cram in walks in the morning because it got so hot mid day, I can walk with baby almost at any time of the day in the Fall. (The only bummer is it gets darker out earlier.)

This Fall I've signed up for a Movin' Mamas class that is held once a week in the park. It's a cardio/weight class and is great because they incorporate the stroller and baby into the workout. I've seen other Mommy & Me classes like yoga and Pilates, too. The best thing about these classes is that there's no need for a babysitter!

And there's no better time to grab lunch outdoors. Bring a blanket to the park and invite other moms to join you. Or just chill out with your baby, bring along some books and toys, and enjoy the outdoors.

Moms, what activites do you do with your baby?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Marlena on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM

We love to go to the park.  Lately, we have been apple picking...we have over a dozen apple trees in our front yard, and the girls love to walk around and pick apples off the trees (along with test tasting each one they pick).

babygomez
by April on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Lol, it is opposite for us! We hide indoors during summer, and prefer to be out in the fall/winter weather :)

I can't wait to take more trips to the park, fly kites, play with chalk, take photos, or just be out in our backyard! We are getting our kids a new swingset soon.

mem82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM

We go to walk at the park and pick up leaves. We also take a lot of walks around our neighborhood. We visit the pumpkin farm, fairs and harvest festivals plus the zoo. 8)

-mrs.mamma-
by Carlie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Our favorite place is the park :)
We like to go on walks, play in the yard :)
I love being outdoors with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM

We like to go on walks, play with chalk, outdoor toys, and all sorts of stuff. We always have a ton of fun outside. :)

grapejelly
by Kait on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM

we go for walks and pick dandelions in the yard :)

tamidawn
by Tami on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM

That sounds fun!!  We mostly just go for walks or bike rides!  I have to take advantage of it now, before it gets to cold!

alandou
by April on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:41 AM

we didnt get much time out this summer because of the extreme heat. maybe a handful of times we went swimming. we would try to be out when it was dusk, but even our dd didnt want to be out. she would go right back inside, and that isnt like her. it has just started feeling great out and so beautiful. we have been blowing bubbles and drawing with sidewalk chalk, and just getting out in general more to go shopping or what not. we will be moving soon and I am excited to see what dd thinks of her new back yard that she will be able to run around in. there will still be a little time to enjoy it before the snow hits :)

Mrs.Morgan
by Katrina on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM

We take walks to and here it's cold one day hot the next so we can still go to the park and still do other activities like that I think I am looking forward to fall festival things like pumpkin patches and corn mazes. Just remember to bundle up.

mommy2xp
by Amanda on Sep. 16, 2011 at 7:56 PM

We love to have lunch at the park. We pack it up at home and go eat then play. The girls love it much more than eating out or at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)