Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BC Question

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm looking into different BC options.  I can't take mixed anything because I have bad reactions.  DH really doesn't do good with condoms or pull out method.  I'm on the mini pill now, but taking it at the exact same time every day with a toddler is challenging.  I was on depo for a long time before having DS and it was amazing, but I don't want to go back on it because of bone loss and DH doesn't want the wait if we want another.  I was looking at the Paraguard IUD.  Anyone use it?  Like it?  I have never had an IUD so it seems weird to me.  Any advice would be appreciated.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Here's a bump for ya!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamidawn
by Tami on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:03 AM
Bump for others to answer your question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:41 AM
No idea. I'm also considering it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I have been on Mirena since oct 2009. I havent had any problems except for occasional nausea and headaches. my first period after it was inserted was very light. then spotty for about 5 months and eventually gone. I like it since I dont have to worry about remembering anything. it's good for 5 years. I think most women will have bad reviews about it though.

Nighttiger
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Yeah, I've heard a ton of bad about Mirena, but not so much about Paraguard.  But I haven't really heard anything about Paraguard :)

Quoting alandou:

I have been on Mirena since oct 2009. I havent had any problems except for occasional nausea and headaches. my first period after it was inserted was very light. then spotty for about 5 months and eventually gone. I like it since I dont have to worry about remembering anything. it's good for 5 years. I think most women will have bad reviews about it though.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:42 AM
I heard paraguard was awesome from a lot of friends. I did depo and have been having problems since I got off of it in March
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:52 AM
I was on the Pill, but now nothing because Dh had a vasectomy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by Carlie on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:12 PM
I will probably have the same struggle. I can't take hormonal BC and the idea of a insert creeps me out..lol
We'll probably end up with pull and pray after this baby, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Sorry, we do NFP. Bump

abra
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:49 PM
I haven't been able to use any hormone birth control, so I have a diaphragm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)