Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOMS OF MORE THAN ONE: How do you make sure to give each of your LOs one on one attention?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Well, DS3 gets most of my attention as he's only 3.5 months old. Feeding and holding on top of playing adds up to a lot. While he naps during the day I do little things with DS2 who is four. Sometimes we do arts, shapes, colors and video games. In the evening I sit down with DS1 who is six and we talk about his day at school, do his homework and sometimes he shows me new things he learned to draw =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Mine are 5 years apart, so Lydia is in school from 8:35am to 3:35pm, M-F. I get plenty of alone time with Owen, I shift my attention to Lydia when she gets home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ancmommie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM
I think quality time with each child is key for their growth and Developemt. It is important for so many reasons. I do so by having a nightly rutine with my 5 & 18 mo olds. Time reading them bedtime stories geared to their ages, I put them to sleep separately of course. I try to spent time with my 5 yr old after the baby is asleep by having short movie dates, building puzzles, reading stories, doing some easy games, etc. My 18 mo old enjoys reading tine, listening to soft music while getting in his PJ"s, or so on. Each of mine gets one on one time through the day also through interactI've play, computer time together, music and art time, etc but never underestimate the power of doing things together with the kids either. walks and outdoor time is very critical! The children to play together will share the magic and memories forever!
Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:27 AM

I have an almost 3 year old and a 7 week old. At this point it isn't really something I've had to worry about.

mommy2xp
by Amanda on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:59 PM

We do things at nap time and after the lil ones are asleep, I just fit it in wherever possible

i.heart.myboys
by Amber on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I try to make sure that I give them both attention. I am always trying to find new ways. So if Austin's taking a nap than I'm spending time with Justin. If Justin's taking a nap than I'm hanging out with Austin. I will go out with Justin once a week just to do something with just us. Going to like Once Upon a Child or something to buy him a toy. Austin and I go to appointments together as well since he's Special Needs.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:30 PM

we don't get it as much as I'd like but we get to at least once a week. Then there are the shopping trips that I need to make and sometimes I am baby free and one of my older boys will come with me and keep me company.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I try and so things with them each.  Also i sometimes take one to the store and then the other one next time.

begamom
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM
I ignore them all equally lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by Carlie on Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM
I am about to have two..in 2-4wks-ish...and this is my biggest fear, lol....my first DS will be 3 in a week...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)