Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Did you have one?

How far along were you?

What games did ya'll play?

Who hosted it?

I didn't have one, i didn't want one. At 30 wks, my Mom & FMIL took me shopping, it was a lot of fun :) 

Mom Help: Birth - 3 yrs
Join these groups for some great conversation, advice & interesting topics! 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
I had one at 34 weeks i think, my mom and ftwo friends threw it, we did a big potluck meal (we love food lol). I didnt do games, im a pooper and dont like them. They did have a big ultrasound pic with a big canvas around it for ppl to write things to ali, and a onsie decorating table, also a piggie bank for everyone to put change in. It was alot of fun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM
I just have sprinkles that I host myself at seven months. We don't play games, I'm really not into them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I had 2 showers with both my pregnancies. My friend threw one and my Aunt the other with my first. I was 27 and 28 weeks. 

The last pregnancy my sister threw one and my Husband's boss threw the other. I was 36 and 38 weeks.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:52 AM

I had one with my first but was on bedrest with my second when I was suppose to have my second. My first I was like 25/30 weeks or something around that. We played all the different lame games lol. My mom hosted it!

tamidawn
by Tami on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:54 AM

I did at maybe 28 weeks or so.  We played the diaper game where you melt different candy bars in diapers and everyone has to guess what the "poo" is. :)

PEEK05
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Yes. I was about 36 weeks with my son (can't remember with my daughter). The games were just the usual ones. My mom threw both of mine. I don't want another one for any future babies. Barely anyone showed up to my second one.

Mrs.Morgan
by Katrina on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Had one with my dd and I was a few weeks before popping time lol. My mom threw it

Simple-Beauty
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM
I've had 4 total (3 with Lydia, 1 with Owen).

1st I was 17 weeks pregnant, and about to move to Belgium. My mom hosted it.

2nd I was 30ish weeks, hosted by Shawn's co-workers.

3rd I was 37 weeks, hosted by my best friend.

4th I was 36 weeks with Owen, hosted by my MIL.

We only played games the 1st and 3rd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:40 PM
I dont remember how far i was with my first but my mom threw it. We played the cotton ball game and some others. Im having one this weekend and ill be almost 33 weeks. Im hosting it myself and im sure its mostly going to be fam and a couple friends. So far we are going to play guess the girth and guess how many candys in the jar. Then i need 3 more games.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivingLive810
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Dragonmamas:

I just have sprinkles that I host myself at seven months. We don't play games, I'm really not into them.

What's a sprinkle?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)