Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do? question about crib/bed transitioning.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:35 AM
  • 7 Replies

we are going to be transitioning dd into a bed soon. right now she has a crib that transitions into a toddler bed and then a full size. to me, going straight to a toddler bed is pointless because it's just the same as the crib but without one of the panels. it might be good, I guess, to do this for a while until she gets used to having that openness on atleast one side, kwim? then when we feel that she seems comfortable with that we could get the mattress set. we have a couple of options. 1) do the toddler bed 2) buy a twin toddler bed, or 3) buy a full size mattress set that will no doubt last her a very long time. I would much rather just use the crib for the transitioning instead of buying a twin toddler bed because, after all, that's why we bought the crib that transitions into everything we want. IDK, what do you think?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers 

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tamidawn
by Tami on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:27 AM
I would just transition the crib. I would do it in the stages though to see how it goes before you change it to a full bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I would use the crib and turn it into a toddler bed. A full size bed might be overwhelming for her. Like you said, that is why you bought it.

i.heart.myboys
by Amber on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:11 AM
This is what I would do!

Quoting tamidawn:

I would just transition the crib. I would do it in the stages though to see how it goes before you change it to a full bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Quoting jessicaaris:

I would use the crib and turn it into a toddler bed. A full size bed might be overwhelming for her. Like you said, that is why you bought it.

The_Doodle
by Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM

We have one of thos ecribs and will be taking the front rail off at the beginning of the year. DD is very short, so we are taking the railing off and getting a small stepstool for her, and putting a baby gate at her doorway.

Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:38 AM

This is my first thought too, a full size bed is pretty big for such a little person.

Quoting jessicaaris:

Mrs.Morgan
by Katrina on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM
I would do the stages because it will grow as she does.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)