Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think people who buy their kids a lot of Christmas gifts are show-offs?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM
  • 24 Replies

I don't. We usually don't buy a LOT of Christmas gifts but I do like to buy multiple gifts.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:00 PM

well i their show offs then i guess i am too!

MrsNewman
by Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:02 PM
I don't really care what people think. We do christmas big.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Not at all, it's just their choice.
We go nuts in Christmas, and my children are not spoiled brats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather G. on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Not show-offs, but I don't personally go crazy on Christmas.  I try to focus on the meaning of the holiday as opposed to the materialistic aspect.  I don't really agree with going into debt over it, though.  I don't think that's what God would want me to do over the holiday in His name.

alandou
by April on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:27 PM

IDK, it doesnt bother me. I'm happy with what we do give and happy to see that my daughter is happy with what she gets :)

twinkletoes83
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:51 PM
No, but our family doesn't do a big Christmas. We do about 3 per kid and 1 big shared thing. But the have my parents and sisters and my husbands parents and siblings and great grandparents and family friends so we don't feel the need. They are still young and it overwhelms them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Marlena on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Same here

Quoting Heather2001:

Not show-offs, but I don't personally go crazy on Christmas.  I try to focus on the meaning of the holiday as opposed to the materialistic aspect.  I don't really agree with going into debt over it, though.  I don't think that's what God would want me to do over the holiday in His name.

Simple-Beauty
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Ditto, kinda. Lydia is starting to experience some entitlement issues, but we can't blame her. If a child only knows a life a getting everything they want, that's the fault of the parents :::sigh:::

We need to back peddle a bit and make her understand that not all kids have iPads and DSi's.

It's hard though, I want to give her the childhood I never had, and Shawn wants to give her the only childhood he knows...

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Not at all, it's just their choice.

We go nuts in Christmas, and my children are not spoiled brats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mj.bullion
by Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Nah. But then I also grew up with mountains of presents under the tree for each me, my brother, and sister. That was normal for us. We usually ended up having more crap than we knew what to do with. We can't afford too much for DS, but I'd certainly like to be able to give him a little more than we can, but not like I had as a kid. It was nice at the time, but just too much thinking back! lol

Fields456
by Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I think if ppl have the finacial abilty to buy thiers kids lots of stuff more power too them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)