Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much time

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
how much time do you play with your little ones and do you ever feel bad when you see them alone?

I feel so guilty and even a little sad! I have 2 girls a 16 year old and an almost 2 year old. Needless to say the near 2 year old is being raised almost like an only child. I'm a SAHM with her. I don't have many friends but the ones I do have older kids. I'm not close with my family and DH's family lives nearly 300 miles away. So it's always me and the "baby". I play with her nearly all day but sometimes I need a break or I notice she goes off to do something on her own. I feel bad when I look at her and she's all alone playing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hache2
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM
It's the same here. I try to get everything done around the house while DS is sleeping, so I'm available to read, play, walk, go to the park or whatever when he is awake. Yet, sometimes I'm a procrastinator and I'm washing dishes or folding laundry and he does his own thing then. I do feel badly about it, but he does need to be able to entertain himself.
mypbandj
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I'm in your boat. I have a 2 yr old, 12 yr old & 15 yr old and the baby is like an only child! And we have NO family anywhere nearby. And all my friends are ppl I met back when my bigs were little so all their kids are big too!

I play a lot with my LO. I know that play is how he learns and when I play with him, he plays longer ----- therefore he learns more! :)

But I also work from home. And have chores to get done. He will help me with chores but he's great at entertaining himself so I can work too. I do feel bad about it sometimes but remind myself that I do give him one on one, and so does dh. So he's ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazoo22
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM

My dd is 3 years old and she's an only child, so at times when I am busy cleaning or studying and I see her playing by herself, I do feel bad. I know I shouldn't because it's not like I'm neglecting her, but I still do. Though they say that it's good for children to play by themselves sometimes, because it teaches them how to be self sufficient and learn to entertain themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)