Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pediasure

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

Anybody give their 3 year old pediasure? My daughter is a few weeks shy of 3 and I've been givng her Gerber Graduates Smart Sips to help with her picky eating phases she goes through. The Pediasure website says 2 years and up, but I'm just curious if anybody else gives their 3 year olds Pediasure or some other forms of nurtitions supplements with their children picky eaters or not.

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Fields456
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Nope. I would do homage smoothies over that
mypbandj
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:43 AM

You can....but real food would be better.

2manydiapers
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:35 AM
I have two sons with delays. One is two, the other is four.

I give pediasures before bed only if they haven't eaten what I would consider enough throughout the day.

My oldest was a premiee, has motor delays, speech delays and behavioral issues with texture issues.

My middle has mild FAS due to his bm 'not knowing she was pregnant' all forty weeks. He is ftt still.

My ten month old is still breastfed.

My tip is feed first, pediasures and anything like it should be a last option, or else a child will just want those. They are sweet and easy.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Nope you can make homemade smoothies or shakes picky eaters will love that are better for them
odessie
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:01 AM

I did when I was trying to ween off formula. I cut 50/50 of pediasure with milk so he did not get too much vitamins and overdose or something. then I read the nutrition on the generic store brand instant breakfast and those packets had better nutrition than the pediasure or boost! so I buy those sometimes and still use half packet at a time so my kid does not get too much iron or whatever. been doing that since he was about 14months or so. then eventually just plain milk. 

odessie
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:04 AM

I agree with you on this just careful with blueberries they stop up the system for little ones. 

Derp on me! I should be doing this too! but kiddo eats pretty well on his own and eats his solids. He does not like ice cream or really cold stuff so I would probably serve room temp smoothie lol 

Quoting Fields456:

Nope. I would do homage smoothies over that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN