Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pacifier question

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM
  • 3 Replies
My daughter is 14 months and still uses a paci. Not all the ime but when she gets cranky or to sleep. I wonder if I should start taking it away from her or let her wean (sp?) herself? At what age did your child stop using a paci?

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mypbandj
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM
I noticed my oldest was starting to not "need" it around 8 months so I trashed it then and never went back - it was quite easy.

My younger two never took one.

If you really don want her to have it, start taking it away now! If you don't, it will only get harder as she gets older. You can't cut off the tips and they don't usually like that and give it up on their own.

She could have it till she's five - its not going to hurt her. It might mess up her teeth - but my dd who never took a paci, needs braces worse than anyone I know. But people would be judgy if you let her have it that long - I'm not saying you should, but that our culture doesn't like it past infancy. So either get rid of it now, or wait. It's totally up to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM

bump. Neither of my kids took one

Sonyagirl1
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM

my daughter is 2 weeks shy of being 19 months old. She doesn't use a paci anymore, but my mom and dad will give it to her from time to time which bugs me. She doesn't realey on it anymore for sleep or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)