Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep issues with my 18 month old

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
My DD will be 18 months old on the 26th. Most nights she sleeps pretty good, but there is usually 1 or 2 nights a week that she will wake up around 1 am and stay up until 4 or 5. What can I do? These usually happen on nights that I am in a lot of pain and it's just after I fall asleep that she's waking up. Please help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:33 PM
The best thing would be to just put her back in bed. That's a bad habit to start
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgau73
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:13 AM
R u nursing? Bring baby to bed with you either way. She could be in pain too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM
What is she doing? My ds tries that. It's usually when he's teething but he wants to watch tv or play. It can become such a bad habit and as much as I'm against CIO I had to do that (kinda). We cosleep and nurse but he didn't want either. I had a pack n play in the room so if he refused to lie down in my bed, and I made sure he wasn't sick or hungry or thirsty or in pain, I just put him in his bed and then pretended to sleep. He yelled and cried and it only took maybe 5-10 mins but after that, he was ready to lie down with me happily. My other kids never ever did that - do it really threw me for a loop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missythorp
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM
We co sleep, and are done nursing. Sometimes she wants to get up and play. DH and I talked about it and think it may be a poop issue. He pointed out that she only seems to do this when she hasn't gone for a few days or has a lot of gas. He's thinking that she needs to get up and moving so that things can move on the inside. So now we are just watching and seeing what happens. The Dr. today told me to watch what she eats because it could have something to do with it. Thanks everyone!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Try massaging her tummy. Or giving her something that makes her poop everyday, so she doesn't have that problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
missythorp
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM
We have started using a stool softener every day and she is doing so much better. Now her molers are working their way in. :) that one I have under control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN