Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost 3 year old suddenly started being aggressive and hitting

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:30 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hi,

I am having some issues with my soon-to-be 3 -year-old and hope someone can give me some advice.  We are military and currently stationed in Germany.  I stay at home with my son, but he does attend a daycare two afternoons a week for 3 hours.  My husband was gone for three months, and came home about three weeks ago. 

My son has been behaving very well at daycare, and he has been sharing fairly well and has not had any problems and made a lot of friends.  He's also found several playmates at the playground at our base.  However, just as the Thanksgiving holiday came around, he has been starting to hit me and other children.  And it's not just a little smack, but he punched me, kicked others and has been pushing other kids to the ground.  My daycare provider mentioned that it has been a drastic change compared to last week and she asked if anything happened.  I have no clue what could have brought on that behavior.  He has had a cold that started around the same time, but he has never acted out like this when he is not feeling well.  And he is better now, but still got in trouble today.  On Thanksgiving, he had a playdate with his best friend who is about a year older.  The boy pushed and punched my son and we had to separate them, so maybe this could have caused this?  We do not spank him at home and usually send him in "time out" if he misbehaves, but right now it is simply not working.  My husband and mother  said we should spank him when he does this, but I keep thinking that it would just set a bad example.  However, he is very strong and tall for his age (40lbs and 40 inches), and when he starts hitting and kicking me, it is difficult for me to stop him.  He has lots of energy and he has not been able to play outside much because of bad weather.  I just don't think that that would affect him so much. 

I am shocked at how dramatic of a change in behavior I've seen within the last week, and I am not sure what to do about it.  Thanks for taking the time to read it.  I really appreciate any advice or input on this!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
precious1114
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Possibly adhd. My son is doing the same. Only except he sceams kicks bites hits pulls my hair
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)