Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello Gals!

Can I find out a week before my period is due if I'm pregnant or not? And if not, how soon can I find out? I just can't wait a whole week.

My logical brain is telling me to shut up and wait, but my possibly pregnant body is telling me there's ways around it...

Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks, or facts :D

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PortiaRose
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

nope. Good luck, though!

mcphersonkj
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Not that I know of.
KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I'm not sure. If your that stressed take a test anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eevers55
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

nope. ovulation typically occurs a week and a half after your period starts, so a week before your next period, if you were pregnant, it'd only be about a week or two and your body typically doesn't produce enough hormones to tell yet. I took a test the day after my period was due and the line was super faint, so I went the next day and got a digital test. You can take a test now, but it'd probably be a waste of money, especially if it's not even time for your period yet anyway. I'd say wait for it to come or not.

imspikesmom
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I know, I know. I need to wait... 6 more days. I'm not stressed, just excited. We've been trying since June. Or rather 'letting it happen', but it hasn't so we tried on purpose for the first time and I just want to know if we'll be a family of 4 soon! It's perfect timing to tell the grandparents and aunts and uncles for Christmas. If I am...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN