Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 19 months old and we got him a potty chair for Christmas, and today i have been putting him on the potty every 30 min and reading a book. But hes still only going in the diaper, (cloth diaper) Has anyone ever just put them in the cloth training pants for some of the day? I know it will be messy, but putting the diaper on and off is kind of a hassle and makes him grumpy

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MargauxG
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
At 2 my daughter had decided she was potty training so I put the cloth trainers on her and she peed in them a few times but hated being wet! I got her some trainers with Minnie mouse and just told her not to per on Minnie mouse and I think it helped her a little! Plus her potty was in the hall out side the bathroom so she could do it all by herself...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
midjet117
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM

i waited till my daughter was ready, at 3. One day I was putting laundry away and pulled out dora underwear i have in her dresser. She found them and put them on. She flip flopped back and forth between diapers and undies for about a week. I finally said you havent had any accidents since you started in underwear, so thats it no more diapers. And she was done. Theres always a chance that hes just not ready yet

mypbandj
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
What's the rush? He's barely 1 1/2. You know the AVERAGE age for boy to potty train is 2 1/2, right?

And research shows that the sooner you start, the LONGER it takes!

http://www.med.umich.edu/yourchild/topics/toilet.htm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylajp21
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM
My doctor has told me that the age most kids are ready to be potty trained is about 3 so dont push it unless he is showing intrest. My daughter is almost 18/months and she jus thinks her potty chair is a toy so i put it away and maybe in a couple months i'll brimg it out again i domt want her thinking its a toy but good luck i know i cant wait for to be potty trained
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I actually think using it as a toy is a fantastic idea. They have toy phones, toy strollers, toy kitchens...why not a toy potty?? Toddlers love to imitate adults, it's how they learn. And being able to get used to a potty with no expectations gives kids a great start to the whole potty training process.

Quoting kaylajp21:

My doctor has told me that the age most kids are ready to be potty trained is about 3 so dont push it unless he is showing intrest. My daughter is almost 18/months and she jus thinks her potty chair is a toy so i put it away and maybe in a couple months i'll brimg it out again i domt want her thinking its a toy but good luck i know i cant wait for to be potty trained
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)