Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm shocked, i wanted to post about toddler agression but...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:07 AM
  • 1 Replies
There is so many posts already. I mean i know times have been hard for my son fir over a year ever sence our apts. Burnt down and we have been living with family and we all (ds,dd,dh and myself) have been sharing a room. But now idk if its that an age thing or if maybe there is something more going on.
I can honestly tell you my son prob has adhd like his dad. And allot of his hyper misbehavor can be be controled by diet mainly anything sugar.
My also thinks if we just poke him wrong we are killing him he will scream ouch! You hurting me and when he does get hurt like he was sledding and bumped his forhead on the ice part of the hill and it looks like road rash he was lime my daddy did that but if you ask if he is lying he will then tell the truth so these may actully just be little kid thing then odk now lol thanks for.listening to me ramble its a boring night at work ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MomOf2winsPlus1
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I haven't been on here in about a year, so this is the first post of yours I have ever seen.  But your boy sounds a lot like mine.
My son has an allergy to refined sugars, and cannot process artificial sugars any better than refined ones.  He can have raw honey, but that's about it.  (We now sweeten things with ripe bananas, apple sauce, or honey.)
I took him off of all sugars the night after he started school. Within 2 days he was a new person...a week later, it was like someone removed the crazy person inside of him.  He was still HIM, but he could look me in the eye, he would listen, and he stopped being aggressive.  Completely.
I raise my children peacefully, so when he was violent, I was at a loss...he wasn't taught to hit, but he still did it.  (He did much more violent things, to the point that I was afraid to leave him alone with his sisters.)  
So it's been about 6 months sugar-free now.  He remembers how it felt when he was on sugar, and doesn't like that.  He won't eat anything new unless he asks me if it has sugar in it, first.  (He's 4.)

I suggest removing ALL sugar (read labels, it's in more things than you can imagine!) for a week, and see if that makes any difference.
I also suggest looking up "Sensory processing disorder".
A child with an allergy to refined sugars can have symptoms that look EXACTLY like sensory issues.  My son had been diagnosed with SPD, and when the sugar was taken away, suddenly the sensory issues disappeared too! 

Anyway.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)