Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

talking???

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Question..

My son turned 8 months a few days ago. He was always very advanced in everything. He rolled over at 2, months sat up at 4 months, started pulling himself up on furniture and walking around it at 6 months. But now that he is 8 months im being told he is behind because he doesn't say 2 symbol words like mama or baba. Should i be worried? 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilmamabowers
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Every child grows at their own pace. In my opinion I don't believe you have anything to worry about. When your son is ready to talk he will. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
midjet117
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM

no i wouldnt be. 

eevers55
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Not at all. My daughter was the same way. She was walking at 10 months. But she didn't really start saying words until about 13 months. She was more physical. I'd say try baby einstein or similar DVDs of sign language. That helped my daughter communicate and signing words counts as words. We all learned the basic signs for more, please, thank you, milk, water, bath, etc. Now at 21months, she can say quite a few words and uses sign language for phrases (more milk please, etc)
But at 8 months, my daughter wasn't anywhere near talking. She'd just babble away and that was it. She was just higher up on the physical development and it took a bit for the rest to catch up.

mypbandj
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Not yet. I work with kids and we want 4 words (in addition to mama and dada) by 15 months.

And then 50 words by 24 months.

Many babies don't say their first word till 12 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalplus1
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Not if hes doing all that other stuff, hes just got his focus elsewhere. My ds is almost 2 and only has 10ish words you can understand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)