Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reactions???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:16 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 309 Total Views
My DS is four and was diagnosised with a peanut allergy at one. Thankfully that has been his only reaction! I was wondering how many reactions other moms kids have had. I am terrified that it's going to happen and I was wondering if there is anything else that I could be doing.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ldmrmom
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM
What sorts of things do you do today?

My daughter was diagnosed almost a year ago. She had two reactions immediately prior to her diagnosis. Since then she's had one skin reaction to a body lotion that contained almond oil.

Sandy

Me and Me Only blog 

The Soccer Mom Vote contributor

cinderella22_17
by Member on Jul. 27, 2007 at 9:26 AM
We read the ingredients on EVERYTHING we buy and buy nothing that might contain nuts of any kind. If we are going out to eat and don't know if he can eat there we bring him his own food. He has had one skin reaction to a sun tan oil my MIL used but that was from coconut and he has since out grown that allergy. I am thinking of homeschooling him until he is better able to understand his allergy.
dnysgrl0304
by on Sep. 4, 2007 at 9:36 AM
We found out my son was allergic to nuts when he was about 1 1/2. My husband gave him a corner of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and instantly his face got all swollen, and he broke out in hives, especially on his face. The doctor said to take him to the ER right away before his throat closes up. By the time we got to the ER, he seemed to be getting better. However, when we took him to the allergist, he said on a scale of 1-4....4 being the highest....his allergy to peanuts was a 4. (That's nuts of any kind, peanut oil, anything to do with nuts whatsoever.) He gave us a video about peanut allergies, and how to administer the epi-pen. Ever since then we've been carrying it around with us at all times. That was the only reaction he's ever had, thank God! Nothing has happened since then. His preschool is basically peanut free, and they stay on top of it really good, and watch like a  hawk. (He' s also allergic to eggs, as well.) I'm just worried about when he starts kindergarten. I'm going to be a nervous wreck! He knows he can't have peanut butter, or peanuts. But, I won't be there to check everything that goes into his mouth. I'm sure you guys worry about that as much as I do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)