Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 396 Total Views

Hi there! As my name implies, I wanted a space to speak freely!! I made this group, not because I am opposed to debate and different ideas. I am in other groups for that, but as a place to NOT have heated debates about  my opinions. I hope to meet some great ladies with similar 'morals', for lack of a better word. I hope this can become a safe place for you too! It's day one and I'm alone, but maybe not always! Of to post, for myself at the moment, todays vent!!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tambrathegreat
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for starting this group. I am tired of feeling ganged up on when I express an opinion on other boards!  I look forward to getting to know people here.

SpeakFreely
by Group Owner on Jan. 5, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tambrathegreat:

Thank you for starting this group. I am tired of feeling ganged up on when I express an opinion on other boards!  I look forward to getting to know people here.

I like to think of this as my refuge. I post things here that express my opinions better than I can, even before members, lol. I know there will be no drama. I have other groups I go to to be occasionally obnoxious, when I'm in the mood for that. So feel free to post articles or rants or whatever you want!

DemocraticMama
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Hello, I am so glad to be a part of this group and hope to get to know everyone.  I do not usually mind the heated debates but cannot stand the name calling that went on in some of the other groups.  You can have difference of opinions without name calling.  I just want to meet some wonderful ladies that share my ideas and beliefs and wants more for our children! Thank you ladies for including me. 

Mommy of 4, a termie and 3 preemies. “You have to have been a Republican to know how good it is to be a Democrat.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis 

SpeakFreely
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Quoting DemocraticMama:

Hello, I am so glad to be a part of this group and hope to get to know everyone.  I do not usually mind the heated debates but cannot stand the name calling that went on in some of the other groups.  You can have difference of opinions without name calling.  I just want to meet some wonderful ladies that share my ideas and beliefs and wants more for our children! Thank you ladies for including me. 

Glad to have you!!

ZenMomColorado
by Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello.  I am glad to have found a progressive-thinking group!  Like DemocraticMama, I sometimes love a heated debate, but I get turned off by mindless regurgitation of right-wing talking points on some of the other boards.  When I saw the pics on the "entertainment" post, I knew I was in the right place for me!! Thank you for including me :)

SpeakFreely
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Quoting ZenMomColorado:

Hello.  I am glad to have found a progressive-thinking group!  Like DemocraticMama, I sometimes love a heated debate, but I get turned off by mindless regurgitation of right-wing talking points on some of the other boards.  When I saw the pics on the "entertainment" post, I knew I was in the right place for me!! Thank you for including me :)

I, too, love a good debate. And I do sometimes have the itch to be obnoxious to conservatives. But I also wanted a place that's only for people who view the world more as I do. I'm glad you're here. We are small now, but, I figure, this being an election year, more people will be talking politics. And this will be a safe place with, hopefully, little drama.

tambrathegreat
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Hi all!  I was so glad to find this group.  I'm glad you found it too!

Paineless.Joy
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Hello! I'm glad I found this group. :) I love having good debate, but I get annoyed when it turns into name calling or attacks. I'm Natasha btw and I can't wait to get to know all of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpeakFreely
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting Paineless.Joy:

Hello! I'm glad I found this group. :) I love having good debate, but I get annoyed when it turns into name calling or attacks. I'm Natasha btw and I can't wait to get to know all of you.

Welcome! This is a safe place, lol. I, too, love a good debate, but I started this group for a place not to have to always debate. Feel free to jump in and post about whatever strikes your fancy. Have a great day!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)